Small Maryland Stream 4/14/18

10rman88

Originally thought I would have all day Saturday to enjoy the nice weather and fish but unfortunately life got in the way and I found myself spending the majority of day dealing with truck issues and logistics for a future move. I had stopped by my parents house in Maryland to drop off a few things and decided to hit a small stream close to their house that used to have a small population of little browns and rainbows.

Now the past couple of times I went it seemed as if all the trout were gone compared to a couple years ago where you could see fish rising in every little stretch. The stream in particular isn't hard to find with a little searching on google but I figure its best to leave it unnamed considering its proximity to the DC area. Took my Superfine Glass 4 weight with a couple dry flies and managed to catch a couple of gorgeous bows. I would have been happy just to spook a couple of fish so actually catching a couple was just icing on the cake and I was glad to see there were still fish and looking forward to exploring it some more next time I am in the area

Attachments

• Rainbow2.jpg
    Rainbow2.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 15
  • rainbow3.jpg
    rainbow3.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 3
Great looking fish.

10rman88 wrote:
I figure its best to leave it unnamed considering its proximity to the DC area.

That's why the Stream Reports section is private. And the proximity to DC means that even fewer people on this PA board will will even care about it.

You're wise to keep it nameless. And what beautiful fish. I used to find similar bows in a little stream here in the Cumberland Valley, but haven't found them recently. I heard there was a spill that did some damage, and I hope the bows recover, but it's been all browns for me on recent trips. Stream improvements have been added that could provide habitat and protection for more fish. Some will recognize the stream, and perhaps shed some light on the situation.

This Stream Reports section is for reports of specific places where one fished.

While we understand and support posters' desire not to name certain streams they fish, this thread does not meet our criteria for this particular forum and will be moved to Fly Fishing Locations.
Thanks,
DW

I Apologize for that Dave and I'll keep that in mind for any future Stream Report posts.

Martinlf- I think you might be referring to Trindle Spring Run. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

10rman88 wrote:
I Apologize for that Dave and I'll keep that in mind for any future Stream Report posts.

No need to apologize - not a big deal.

This is a nice report with some beautiful rainbow trout pics. We're glad you posted it (I'll move the thread later this evening).
Thanks,
DW

Back