Seen this - Upper Delaware fish

geebee

geebee

from another site - probably the best brown I've seen :

post-24030-0-51778200-1478388606.jpg

caught on a spinner.

they are out there.

Nice fish, you sure it didn't take a peanut?

Great trout!!!! That's gotta be well over 30"!

ryansheehan wrote:

I'll bet that peanut can has worms in it.

What site Mark?

Based on the colors, or lack thereof, it could very well be a reservoir fish. It surely does not look like any wild brown I have ever seen in the WB or EB. I've never seen a really big main stem brown so I wouldn't know if this might be from there.

I have caught one 27" brown in the WB in my entire life and the brown in the picture is much longer and heavier than my fish was - and my fish was big.

"Spincasting" from a driftboat wearing a loomis jacket.....I don't know where to begin.

Guy looks vaguely like Ronnie Kittredge

wbranch wrote:
Based on the colors, or lack thereof, it could very well be a reservoir fish. It surely does not look like any wild brown I have ever seen in the WB or EB. I've never seen a really big main stem brown so I wouldn't know if this might be from there.

I have caught one 27" brown in the WB in my entire life and the brown in the picture is much longer and heavier than my fish was - and my fish was big.

I took a main stem brown with a similar build to that fish that was almost 28 inches. I don't remember the markings exactly, I have a photo(not digital)somewhere, it was twenty years ago though. I think that fish is pushing 30, but I struggle guessing size with a fish that big.

Oh yeah and mine was on a fly rod....took a night crawler :lol:

ryansheehan wrote:
McSneek wrote:
ryansheehan wrote:

I'll bet that peanut can has worms in it.

Wax or earth?

Definitely earth worms - red wigglers. Big browns like that can't resist them.

Has anyone done a thorough analysis of that picture to determine if it was photo shopped yet?

Oh yeah....

https://www.facebook.com/nctroutpro/

foxtrapper1972 wrote:
"Spincasting" from a driftboat wearing a loomis jacket.....I don't know where to begin.

Guy looks vaguely like Ronnie Kittredge

That's trout pro or mister Kittredge to you!

Don't laugh boys LOL. Nightcrawlers really are a great bait for very big browns. We have caught many, many big old browns on them.

It's true, they really can't resist red wigglers. Especially if it rained and the water is on the way down. There was a dark time in history when I was a bait fisherman lol.

That's a nice brown trout tho, regardless how or where it was caught.

Matt,

You think it looks like a lake escapee? Looks too long and head too big. I'd believe it was a river fish. I'd also believe it's probably a Main Stem fish..... somewhere between Junction and Narrowsburg. At least he wasn't center pinning!! Lol

We could have fish like that closer to home if they'd ever start cold releases from Raystown. So much for that tailwaters initiative.

Wow- that's an amazing fish.

I suppose the coloration and spotting suggets a lake fish, but the body shape perhaps suggests an old time river fish. Neat.

krayfish2 wrote:
We could have fish like that closer to home if they'd ever start cold releases from Raystown. So much for that tailwaters initiative.

Agree.

It's a dead horse, but perhaps one that still merits some beating.

'28-29" 8lbs easy'. Also 'No this was a true river fish not a reservoir fish.'

From the original OP.

Back