Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 ... 15 »

Re: Salmon River

From Dauphin PA
Just got a call to correct me. Gary does not have a pet unicorn but he will be hunting mountian lions in the Easton area this weekend. He'll post a full report next week.

Posted on: 2012/10/1 23:48

From Delaware Co.
I thought that they have chrome in the Lehigh now

Posted on: 2012/10/1 23:49

From Philadelphia PA
SBecker: I call it the "Pizza Syndrome" effect.....Can you eat the same pizza day after day for weeks on end? If not - why would you expect trout to do the same?
Also, One of the reasons we have such a variety of lures/Flies is because fish learn from their mistakes. A caught Trout or Bass that's released back already has a bad taste in its mouth and it will be reluctunt to strike the same lure again for awhile. I believe stocked trout that are caught and released several times parish because they become so spooked that they wont eat anything and thus starve to death. I don't have any scientific data to back this up - I just analysis things a little different.

Posted on: 2012/10/2 9:10
"I am respected when I walk into any fly shop. Salespeople wait on me hand and waders. I once tried underwater casting just to see if I could. I am the most admired Fly Fisherman in the world. And when I fly-fish, I use the Orvis Access. Stay Fishing MF

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
Listen you don't have to lecture me on why we carry a billion flies and they won't eat one of them. Also, don't give it a cute freaking name, just say the real reason......fish are Aholes.

Posted on: 2012/10/2 9:27

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

From Sellersville, PA
Quote:

PennypackFlyer wrote:
by evofly on 2012/9/27 14:03:21
Penny - where are you staying?

My girlfriend and I got a motel in North Syracuse for Thursday night. We will finish up the trip in the morning and purchase our Fishing license at Whitaker's Sport Store around 7:00 a.m.

Are you interested in hooking (no pun intended) up?

Cell Phone# 267-338-8753

Sorry I missed this. I may be heading up the 11th or 12th. Still on the fence though.

Posted on: 2012/10/2 11:33

From Philadelphia PA
I'll see what my schedule says as well.

Posted on: 2012/10/2 15:00
"I am respected when I walk into any fly shop. Salespeople wait on me hand and waders. I once tried underwater casting just to see if I could. I am the most admired Fly Fisherman in the world. And when I fly-fish, I use the Orvis Access. Stay Fishing MF

From Lehigh Valley
My how i've missed this bs lol.

Posted on: 2012/10/2 15:40

Pretty sure I will be heading up next weekend. I am pretty sure, I won't be going near the zoo. I will concentrate on some small creeks, that a buddy has been calling me about on a daily basis. Big browns and Chrome with nobody around.

Posted on: 2012/10/3 9:57

From Quakertown, pa
Yeah Becker I've heard of a lot of chrome so I'm heading up not this weekend but the following one

Posted on: 2012/10/3 10:01

From Philadelphia PA
If at all - take a day or 2 off during the week - there will be less fisherpersons out on the river.

Posted on: 2012/10/5 12:21

From Sellersville, PA
Looks like I'll be heading this Thursday through Friday. Probably going to fish the DSR in hopes of avoiding most of the crowds. Real interested in those creeks though....

Any recommendations on a place to stay?

Posted on: 2012/10/8 9:58

From Patterson twp, Pa (Beaver Falls)
You'll be VERY lucky to find a place to stay. I'm headed up Thursday through Sunday and had to book in May to get the rooms.

We're staying at http://www.rainbowshorescampsite.com/

I'll be on the DSR on Friday. Look for the VERY large group of people, in which most have no clue what they're doing.... yeah it should be fun.

Posted on: 2012/10/8 10:06

From Quakertown, pa
I'm heading up not this weekend but next. You will be very hard pressed to even find a room if you didn't book it way in advance. I know guys who go up every year and the day the check out they book again for next year.

Posted on: 2012/10/8 10:31

If anybody is looking for a place to stay, I can give you a phone number of a friend that knows a ton of places available. He lives and guides up there, and knows of a lot of places to provide you a room. He was telling me like $40 a night per person.

Posted on: 2012/10/8 10:58

From Philadelphia PA
The last time I went up I stayed over in the north part of Syracuse. It's abt 30 miles from the Salmon River. So if you don't mind driving about 1/2 hour - There's three there Red Roof, EconoLodge and one other that may have rooms available. The main factor in finding a room is weekend vs weekday. Weekdays will be easier to book.

Posted on: 2012/10/8 12:51

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 ... 15 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com