SE PA stream?

Jessed

Jessed

Haven't really been out all that much so far and have off Thursday. Any info on what streams are productive right now? I've heard some negative info on hay creek this season. It's supposed to rain but not sure the quantity. I was thinking the Tully but don't wanna be caught in heavy rain out in the open! Any suggestions or info? Thanks

Try the "Where to Fly Fish" link on the upper right side of this page to get started. Take some time to peruse the Stream Reports (check previous years too) that cover the counties you're interested in.

Then go exploring.

Sounds as though investment in a good rain jacket is in order... not necessarily an expensive one but one that does not leak. Rainy weather produces some of the most reliably good fishing that lasts throughout much of the day for many species. If you can't get out much, choosing the best times or conditions to get out can make up for infrequent trips. Based on my experiences, if I had limited time and wanted to maximize my success by fishing as efficiently as possible, I would fish during the first and last hours of daylight, fish on rainy or misty days, fish an "easy" hatch, and fish in creeks that are just starting to clear off after a spell of high, turbid water. Some might also add night fishing to the list. Additionally, I would not limit myself to a specific gear type, terminal tackle, or bait. I would be opportunistic in my selections.

Back