Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

SE PA Stream Questions

From Bucks County
Hey Guys,

Having fished in the area a few years I am wondering if there are any streams that hold trout year round closer to the Bensalem area besides the Little Lehigh which is about an hour and 20 minutes. I know that Valley is 40 minutes from my house, but I was wondering if there was something a tad closer.....is there anything over on the Jersey side that would be closer?? I do not care if the stream holds wild trout year round, or is stocked..

PM me if you have any suggestions if you do not want to post it on the board.

thanks,
steven

Posted on: 2013/2/4 10:33

Re: SE PA Stream Questions

From Lehigh Valley
wissahickon? west branch of the Perkiomen

Posted on: 2013/2/4 11:53

From Cleona, Pa
valley creek, raritan in jersey

Posted on: 2013/2/4 14:08

From LV
Cooks Creek in Upper Bucks. Saucon Creek is a little closer.

Posted on: 2013/2/4 18:58

From Upper Bucks
If you want to fish Cook's Creek, make sure you get the landowner's permission. Most of the stream is posted.

Posted on: 2013/2/5 13:13

From Couldn't Care Less
Quote:
If you want to fish Cook's Creek, make sure you get the landowner's permission. Most of the stream is posted.

Yea that's what it looks like. Last week I worked the Nrth West part of Jersey and went home a different way to finally check it out (Cooks). Last month I was researching and this seems to be the only stream in Bucks that holds natives .... feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

For Chaz or any others with info ... from what I saw I'm in agreement with jrmyln and it seems most (if not all) of the stream is posted; are we correct?

Posted on: 2013/2/5 20:43

From Bucks County
There are a few more streams with wild browns in bucks. However, they are all mostly on private property which may or may not be posted. They are also tiny creeks. Always ask for permission. A look at the natural repro list will give you an idea. Personally, I feel that other than Cooks, also largley private, they are not worth the effort.

Posted on: 2013/2/5 21:37

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.

Posted on: 2013/2/6 9:18

From South Jersey
Thanks for posting. This is the first time I have been able to follow the link and a open the maps. I will probably still get lost. It is genetic.

Posted on: 2013/2/6 13:43

Salmo

From Upper Bucks
Quote:

Stagger_Lee wrote:
Quote:

Yea that's what it looks like. Last week I worked the Nrth West part of Jersey and went home a different way to finally check it out (Cooks). Last month I was researching and this seems to be the only stream in Bucks that holds natives .... feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

For Chaz or any others with info ... from what I saw I'm in agreement with jrmyln and it seems most (if not all) of the stream is posted; are we correct?

There are a few small tribs to Cooks and the Saucon that hold browns as well. A legal sized fish would be considered a trophy but still worth the effort.
If you live close, become a member of the Cooks Creek Watershed Association and attend a few meetings. There are a lot of landowners that attend and may let you fish if you show that you're willing to put forth the extra effort and help out.

Posted on: 2013/2/6 21:01

From LV
During the last few years there has been a effort to either purchase or get easements for access on Cooks Creek there is now about 2 miles of public access to the stream below Durham. Most of the open water is clearly marked. If in doubt ask permission.

Posted on: 2013/2/6 21:31

From Upper Bucks
That's good but the best fishing is upstream from Durham.
I know the county P&R was working on something but thought it went to the wayside.

Posted on: 2013/2/8 14:13

From LV
That may be the case but most of that water is on private property and access must be asked for.

Posted on: 2013/2/8 14:21

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com