Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Recommendations for fishing near Gettysburg

Visiting Gettysburg next weekend for the first time and totally unfamiliar with the whole area. Any good fishing between there and Baltimore? Any leads or information would be sincerely appreciated.

Posted on: 2013/8/25 21:25

Re: Recommendations for fishing near Gettysburg
From Gettysburg
Jkc,
Welcome to our online community. I live in Gettysburg and will be happy to recommend some places. In the meantime, we just had a thread on fishing around G-burg and you might care to peruse this. If you're mainly after trout, the better spots are north of G-burg. Closer to Baltimore is the Gunpowder River but this is in Maryland so you will need a license for MD rather than PA. Be aware that MD does not allow felt soles due to didymo in the Gunpowder and other waterways.

Fishing Around Gettysburg

Posted on: 2013/8/25 21:56

Thanks! That thread was helpful. We may look into a guide since we are only there a short time and are unfamiliar with the whole area. Any suggestions or recommendations for a guide?

Posted on: 2013/8/25 22:55

From Mechanicsburg, Pa
I have gone with Mike Heck. He is based out of Chambersburg and is familiar with the streams in the area. His book on spring creeks is well done and he has some killer fly patterns which are effective around here. He is on Facebook and has a web page. Gene Macri also guides and is very knowledgeable on the area spring creeks. Do a google search and they should come up.

Posted on: 2013/8/28 16:17

From North Wales, PA
If you are going to get a guide, I second Mike Heck. He works hard to get you into the fish. In that area you have Letort Springs, Yellow Breeches, Falling Spring Run. Hope this helps.

Chris

Posted on: 2013/8/30 19:13

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com