Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Question about Elk Creek

From Pittsburgh
So similar to baskets for landowners... perhaps someone could approach him to discover what his desire is... stay on opposite bank, stay below the highwater mark, etc. Fishers could pitch in to make / buy the appropriate signs and place them in the appropriate spots.

Posted on: 2012/12/27 17:32

From NW Penna
Seems quite simple, you all know what he wants by the placing of the signs..."Stay the he11 out of his yard".
He just happens to have a couple dogs in his yard for those who can't read or think these signs do not pertain to them.
You know the I bought a fishing liscence and have my rights crowd.

Come try and walk across my backyard at night with headlamps on and I can guarantee you my Lab will not be quite as nice on "Trespassers".
God forbid someone pepper sprayed my dog, be just like sprayin one of my kids and there would quite dire consiquences for the offendee.

Posted on: 2012/12/27 21:09

From Allentown , PA
My first contact with that landowner with dogs were in late fall 2010.
I was nymphing and slowly walking downstream. When i was at the end of that pool in front of his property i could hear that somebody opened the patio door and released his dogs. In the corner of my eye i noticed 2 dobermans running towards me. Without a hesitation i crossed the river as fast as i could.
It was clearly my fault , but at that time i did not notice any Posted signs. I was walking downstream staring at the water and constantly casting my flies in the current.
Two minutes later he walked of of his house. I apologized and told him that it was not my intention to walk on his property. He accepted my apology and told me next time to walk on the other side of the river.
Last year we found out that the other side could be dangerous with slippery rocks during high water and snow/ice conditions.
I will be there soon - during first weekend of January.

Posted on: 2012/12/28 18:45

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com