Re: Potter County recommendations?

From SE Pa.
What I said !
See Sandfly he will set you up !!!!!

Posted on: 2013/5/17 21:09

From Cato, NY
PAFLYBOY,

If you want to stay at a cheap cool place near one of the best bars in NCPA, try nelson run campground. You are 2 miles from the Wharton and near some great fishing in the first fork sinnemahoning, east fork sinnemahoning,and where the two meet downstream to form the sinnemahoning. You are only about 25 minutes from Cross forks and I know an easy way to get there off of route 872 just past the wharton. you won't be disappointed.

Posted on: 2013/5/21 14:24

From Pittsburgh area
Thanks for the heads up! I'm all set for this trip. Maybe next trip...

Posted on: 2013/5/23 17:14

From Pittsburgh area
Well, I finally made my first trip up to Potter Co. area. I stopped in Sandfly's shop and had a nice conversation with him. Thanks for all of the recommendations, Bob! I stayed at a place called Kettle Creek Adventure(I needed access to wifi, phone and breakfast!). I would highly reccommend it. It is along the flyfishing only stretch of Kettle. I did a whirlwind tour, fishing a little in Pine, Cedar, Slate, Cross Fork and, of course, Kettle. I managed a few fish out of each stream, with my best day being the evening hatch on Kettle. A wide variety of flies were hatching, culminating with the Green Drakes in the evening.

That is a wonderful area, and I can't wait to get back up someday. I would have needed about 2 weeks to fish it all properly. I'm jealous of those who are able to fish up there on a regular basis! Tight lines, all.

Posted on: 2013/6/8 13:45

From Philadelphia
Don't forget the Allegheny on Rt44. There's a sign that marks where it trickles out of a farmer's field. From there it's only a short distance before you hit the Delayed harvest section. There's a big complex that used to be run by the Regis family on the left. You can pull in there and park. The Allegheny along this stretch is a challenging, extremely productive piece of water. The challenge is that it's pretty narrow, so stealth is in order. During the DHALO season it's loaded with large feisty trout.
Coughlin

Posted on: 2013/6/9 10:09

From Philadelphia
Don't forget the Allegheny on Rt44. There's a sign that marks where it trickles out of a farmer's field. From there it's only a short distance before you hit the Delayed harvest section. There's a big complex that used to be run by the Regis family on the left. You can pull in there and park. The Allegheny along this stretch is a challenging, extremely productive piece of water. The challenge is that it's pretty narrow, so stealth is in order. During the DHALO season it's loaded with large feisty trout.
Coughlin

Posted on: 2013/6/9 10:09

From Pittsburgh area
Thanks Coughlin, that's on my list of streams to try when I go back. It's amazing to see it up there and compare it to what it becomes in my area! The two guys that were staying where I was fished it the two days that I was there. It's a long drive from where we were staying...

Posted on: 2013/6/9 21:59

From Ephrata, PA
Quote:

Coughlin wrote:
Coughlin

Okay I'm an idiot. I drove up 44 one morning this week and could not find the DHALO section!

Posted on: 2013/6/14 18:50

From Collegeville, PA
Based on the county map on the PFBC website, the DHALO stretch on the Allegheny starts just above where Rt 44 and Rt 49 split off from each other.

Posted on: 2013/6/15 0:24

From Ephrata, PA
Yeah I was up that way, didn't see it. Honestly, I have no cell phone and I was w/out the net all week (no webz at the cabin), so I was kind of blind batting it.

Posted on: 2013/6/15 7:32

From Collegeville, PA
After looking at the DHALO section on google earth, I had a hard time figuring out where anyone would park if they wanted to fish that section.

Posted on: 2013/6/15 12:11

From NC PA Mountains
Plenty of places to parks along side of the road.

Posted on: 2013/6/15 18:16

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes
No
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com