Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Posted Land on Penns Creek

From harlansburg
nothing wrong with posting it to keep the party kids out. and hey, it IS his land, he doesn't HAVE to let anyone through, but he seems like he doesn't mind fisherman, if so, we should be grateful to be allowed through.
for those that fish it often and use his land, get together, meet with him, tell him how appreciative you are, get him a case of beer, a gift certificate for somplace, or whatever. trust me, stuff like that goes a long ways, much further than thinking your entitled to cross his land just because you always have. Not saying that is the case here, but I've seen people act that way, some people just don't understand the word "private"!
maybe get in contact with PFBC about access in that area, maybe they will work with the landowners to come to some comprimise.

Posted on: 2012/9/25 14:38

From Altoona,PA
There is no easements in that area, it is all private. Getting PFBC to try is pretty much useless, that is why when they try and change rules landowners just get together and threaten to post it all. My friend that has a camp has been friends with the guy on the other side of the bridge and he told him he couldn't even access through his ground. They have been friends for a long time. He said it was nothing personal but he was shutting it down until he gets his point across to rails to trails and anyone else trying to use his ground. If he said you could walk through you should feel lucky.

All the ground is owned by private landowners,whom are all very easy to get along with and are more than willing to let you fish through. The problem is people abusing and taking advantage. You leta couple people park on your ground and the next thing you know they bring friends and you have a parking lot in your yard. If everyone would just use your head and common sense there would not be so many issues.RESPECT is all that is necessary.

Posted on: 2012/9/25 14:50

From Pittsburgh
I met the guy who owns the parking lot there a few years ago- not sure if it's the same guy who lives on the other side of the trestle though.
Anyway, he seemed like a very nice person, in spite of the fact that he was ticked off that day about somebody leaving a pile of trash in the lot - which we hauled out when we left.
He knows it's the local kids that are trashing the place - and seems quite amicable to fishermen

Posted on: 2012/9/26 23:43

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes
No
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com