Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Places to fish

From Pittston
Hello everyone, I live in the Pittston area. I am looking for some places to fly fish for trout. Does anyone know some goods spots in the area. I would appreciate any help. Thanks! Ron

Posted on: 2013/5/26 13:52

Re: Places to fish

From Harrisburg
Dear lonekimono,

Lackawanna River, Lehigh River, Bowman's Creek, how many more do you want?

You have a lot of opportunities to fly fish for trout up your way. Get a map and start looking for blue lines on it. Fish it a bit, if you don't do anything and see no signs of encouragement go to the next blue line.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Posted on: 2013/5/26 15:25
"Then the coal company came with the world's largest shovel, and they tortured the timber and stripped all the land. Well they dug for their coal till the land was forsaken, then they wrote it all down as the progress of man."

From Luzerne County, PA
If you're in Pittston I would suggest the Lehigh, above and below the dam. Just watch the flow reports - http://waterdata.usgs.gov/usa/nwis/uv?01447800

Anything around 400cfs is relatively good fishing. Above the dam, up through Thornhurst flows are not an issue, if they are releasing water like this weekend for white water rafters the areas above the dam are still at "normal" fishable levels.

Posted on: 2013/5/26 15:37

The Lackawanna is like a New Zeland trout stream. You won't believe it when you look at it, but it can compete with the spring creeks of Pa. That is the closest to you and will probably be the most enjoyable, because you have the chance to hook a 20" wild brown every time you go.

Posted on: 2013/5/26 18:25

From Archbald
Ger a map and find the Gilmartin bridge in Archibald. Fish under that bridge and you're almost guaranteed a hog.

Posted on: 2013/5/26 19:06

From Archbald
Archbald*

Posted on: 2013/5/26 19:06

From Pittston
Thanks! I will give Archbald a shot. Is there any other access points to the Lackawanna?

Posted on: 2013/5/26 20:47

From Harrisburg
Dear lonekimono,

There is a park in Olyphant. Turn right at the propeller and once you cross the Lackawanna make a left to go back to the park.

There is also Robert Mellow Park just up Rte 247. You might find some parking around Depot Street too. Just look on a map for places where the road crosses the creek and you'll find a place to park and fish.

I don't know all the street names but I do know there are plenty of places to access the Lacky.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Posted on: 2013/5/26 21:00
"Then the coal company came with the world's largest shovel, and they tortured the timber and stripped all the land. Well they dug for their coal till the land was forsaken, then they wrote it all down as the progress of man."

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com