Pine Creek Float

sandfly

sandfly

Well got a ride up to waltrous, from the pine creek outfitters at noon today. started out with nymphs and wet fly's, saw a few MB's and caddis coming off but no risers. Water was perfect conditions. worked the runs and pools hard at first with no results. Talked to a few others with same results fish were tight mouthed. Had a nice float with beautiful surroundings. Met Dave Rothrock at the end near my take out, he had same results to. Been a rough early season. Saw lots of fish just no takers, even the chubs were not taking. This would be a great float for a get together. Might have to do one some time.

Attachments

• Image00001.jpg
    Image00001.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Image00006.jpg
    Image00006.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Image00008.jpg
    Image00008.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Image00013.jpg
    Image00013.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 4
  • Image00034.jpg
    Image00034.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Image00039.jpg
    Image00039.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Image00043.jpg
    Image00043.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Image00055.jpg
    Image00055.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Image00061.jpg
    Image00061.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 5
Nice pics. It's hard to believe that it's hard to find risers this time of year but it happens. I'm guess the straight sunshine didn't do you any favors today.

I was up that way on Sunday and fished a non-famous Pine Creek trib.

I caught a few browns and brookies, but it was pretty slow going. The water on this trib only got up to 52F even in late afternoon. Just a few degrees warmer and the mountain crick fishing should really take off.

Thanks for the update.

I like the rod holders on the toon, however they seem precariously positioned in the oars path. Hows that work out for you?

Jdaddy,
they swivel and can be mounted in different spots. I usually have them set to troll in the local lakes like out riggers on a sport fishing boat. the tops have a hinge from a cooler that will hold the rods from being yanked out by big fish..

thanks sandfly. makes sense. it would probably be beneficial to the community if you could start a new thread when you get back and detail how they were made. a lot of the commercial ones out there kind of suck.

I was up there from Thursday to Sunday. The first day there we caught many brookies on top. The next two days we went after browns and it was very slow. The water is definitely still cool and I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. I

I'll be up on June 7th through the 14th. Family vacation, but I suspect I'll find time to fish (mostly in the AM before the family is out of bed). I'm planning on at least two good nights on Pine.

The_Sasquatch wrote:
I'll be up on June 7th through the 14th. Family vacation, but I suspect I'll find time to fish (mostly in the AM before the family is out of bed). I'm planning on at least two good nights on THE Pine.

Fixed

My dad and a friend fished thursday and sunday on pine and saw only 2 fish surface both days combined. Not sure what is going on there but it must be the cold water. Things should be decent there now. I hope to hit it right next weekend.

The bugs weren't there much either. A few MBs and a few sulphurs were reported but nothing heavy.

mcwillja wrote:
My dad and a friend fished thursday and sunday on pine and saw only 2 fish surface both days combined. Not sure what is going on there but it must be the cold water. Things should be decent there now. I hope to hit it right next weekend.

I'm glad to know that much not has changed since the QG Jam.

Back