Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Penns Creek / Lil J Float

From Huntingdon
I agree with swattie on floating being alright, when I said you shouldnt float it, I meant its pointless to float the J unless it is way above 400 cfs. (with the size raft you said you bought)

Posted on: 2013/1/4 9:57

From PA and NH
I don't see the point in floating an entirely wadable stream that's a few short miles long. I see floating as a way to access more remote or inaccessible runs where you would see few fishermen.

Posted on: 2013/1/4 21:33

From Frederick, MD & New Philly, OH
Blueheron,

Unfortunately, I have bad knees, a bummed right ankle that swells easily, and a huge bunion in my left foot. A personal water craft like this is ideal for a person who wants to cover long distances. I'm not interested in stubling around anymore. Also, I mainly bought the craft to target warmwater species. The idea of floating the two above streams came to mind and seems fun.

Posted on: 2013/1/7 15:42

From Chester County
I'm always surprised at the lack of angler traffic on watercraft in PA. It seems like here people are either fishing or floating, but not both.

The float on the Little J from near Tyrone through Barree Gorge is a blast. It's a FULL day if you include shuttling, stopping to fish certain runs, etc. It's a lot of fun if whether you catch fish or not.

If you're looking for a lazy day and aren't physically fit, you might want to stick to the bass pond.

Posted on: 2013/1/13 8:48

From Chester County
Quote:

Mariner wrote:
I'm always surprised at the lack of angler traffic on watercraft in PA. It seems like here people are either fishing or floating, but not both.

The float on the Little J from near Tyrone through Barree Gorge is a blast. It's a FULL day if you include shuttling, stopping to fish certain runs, etc. It's a lot of fun if whether you catch fish or not.

If you're looking for a lazy day and aren't physically fit, you might want to stick to the bass pond.

I would guess that would be a fun day. Floating would not be a good idea during a lower water period, but if the J (or any river or larger stream) is too high to wade but not blown out, a float would be a great way to enjoy a day on the river (if you're careful). There would be few, if any wading fisherman to maneuver around, and you would have the whole river to fish and explore.

Posted on: 2013/1/13 9:04

From PA and NH
Midge,
That is a horse of a different color. I would use any means possible if I had trouble getting to where I wanted to be, including floating, crawling of being carried in. I get the gout and pretty much can't walk much less fish when it flares.

Posted on: 2013/1/13 10:52

From PA and NH
Midge,
That is a horse of a different color. I would use any means possible if I had trouble getting to where I wanted to be, including floating, crawling of being carried in. I get the gout and pretty much can't walk much less fish when it flares.

Posted on: 2013/1/13 10:52

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com