Penns Coburn

C

country52

I’m out near Coburn for work this week. I was planning to fish each evening. Has anyone been out in that area lately? I heard it’s around the time for quills, hendrickson, bwo and brown stones...

Penns will be blown out and chocolate milk for a few days after yesterday/last night’s storms. Might be borderline fishable by the tail end of the week if you’re still up there.

I appreciate the input. I’m hoping penns or spring is fishsble by Wednesday. Even one evening of decent flows and color would be great!

Spring will be fine by Wednesday, Penns will still be too high. Spring rebounds much quicker after rain events and will be your better bet. Spring may even be fishable today. From a flow standpoint according to its gauge it is, not sure how dirty the water is, but it’s probably worth a stop tonight after work if you’re up there.

Didn’t make it tonight but I’ll give spring a shot tomorrow. Thanks again.

Fished there 17, 18, and 19th. High water, caught a few trout on Black Quills size 14 and caddis w/ green egg sac size 16 in pockets along banks. Fished by Penns creek angler, just past shop take left down to parking area at bridge. Went to nice pool using Big Wets, probably size 2 tied on saltwater hooks. All 3 of us had hook ups but never landed a fish. Nice big fish. Caught our fish at Coburn, past fly shop , over bridge, left on tunnel rd. at the big curve hole, along the banks. Huge caddis hatch.

Went over Mt. to Sieg center on fishing creek at narrows, lot's fish rising, no luck for us. Met some Lock Haven students and professor, made some new friends. About a half dozen cars on fishing creek, one car filming a video. We had Penn's all to ourselves. Only a handful of fishermen. Ended at the union county sportsman's club for a fish sandwich and drink, Friday around 2:00. Joined up and came home. If you fish Penn's in this area joining the club, sure makes a memorable adventure, great food, cheap drinks and very nice people. In Millheim stopped twice at Elk Creek Brewery. Guess we couldn't get enough ipa the first time around. As always, on a rank of 1 to 10. the trip was a 11. Not for all the fish we caught, just for the fact of fishing together and friendship.

Maxima12

maxima12 wrote:
Fished there 17, 18, and 19th. High water, caught a few trout on Black Quills size 14 and caddis w/ green egg sac size 16 in pockets along banks. Fished by Penns creek angler, just past shop take left down to parking area at bridge. Went to nice pool using Big Wets, probably size 2 tied on saltwater hooks. All 3 of us had hook ups but never landed a fish. Nice big fish. Caught our fish at Coburn, past fly shop , over bridge, left on tunnel rd. at the big curve hole, along the banks. Huge caddis hatch.

Went over Mt. to Sieg center on fishing creek at narrows, lot's fish rising, no luck for us. Met some Lock Haven students and professor, made some new friends. About a half dozen cars on fishing creek, one car filming a video. We had Penn's all to ourselves. Only a handful of fishermen. Ended at the union county sportsman's club for a fish sandwich and drink, Friday around 2:00. Joined up and came home. If you fish Penn's in this area joining the club, sure makes a memorable adventure, great food, cheap drinks and very nice people. In Millheim stopped twice at Elk Creek Brewery. Guess we couldn't get enough ipa the first time around. As always, on a rank of 1 to 10. the trip was a 11. Not for all the fish we caught, just for the fact of fishing together and friendship.

Maxima12

^Oh Boy Maxie.....you really know how to have fun....sounds like you had a great time!

Good for you :pint:

Back