Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Oil Creek Fall Stocking

Anyone fish Oil since it was stocked? Were both delayed harvest areas stocked? Also, what flies should I have handy?

So excited to go! Finally get a couple days away from it all to just go camping & fishing. Haven't been able to get out since late May.

Thanks!

Posted on: 2013/10/10 12:56

Re: Oil Creek Fall Stocking

From Ohio
They only stocked the lower DHALO area(by the Petroleum Center) this fall. It says they only stocked bows, but it says the same for Neshannock also and this past weekend I caught way more browns than rainbows. The past couple years they only stocked bows in the fall, but it seems the browns are back...

Fishing wasn't easy, but I had luck swinging and stripping smaller streamers in the tailouts. Tons of rejections, but if you stayed at it and casted your streamer to different fish they'd hit. Also got some on hare's ears(sz14ish) and a couple on sz 14 light pink glo bugs.

Posted on: 2013/10/10 15:26

Thanks for the reply Streamerguy. Was anything going on top? Sometimes in the fall I can get lucky tossing out a beatle, elk hair caddis or griffith's gnat on top.

Posted on: 2013/10/10 15:44

From Ohio
Saw a couple caddis, and a couple BWO's, but nothing really "fishable." One guy said he lost one on a BWO, and I tried some caddis but didn't get anything. Saw quite a few fish jump completely out of the water though, not sure if they were eating bugs, looking for pellets, or they just felt like jumping...

Posted on: 2013/10/10 15:54

From Ohio
Anyone know how Oil Creek has been fishing these last few days? Thinking about heading up that way in the next day or two if we don't get a bump in flow on the Erie tribs.

Posted on: 2013/10/12 12:06

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Goal during a day on the water....
Catching a single fish makes me happy 19% (18)
I want to catch every fish in the stream 4% (4)
50 dinks is a dream day 2% (2)
Only want to catch big fish 9% (9)
Catching the toughest fish in the steam is my goal 4% (4)
Beautiful place, hit the hatch and whatever happens, happens 29% (28)
Who cares? It beats work. 30% (29)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/11/27 22:13
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com