Octoraro Reservoir/Lake

jifigz

jifigz

Can anyone tell me if there is easy access to shore fish this impoundment? I am going to be down in Chester county and it is either a toss up between here for some WW fishing or at White Clay Preserve for some trout. I'm heading down to my brother's house and would love to sneak away and fish some water I have never fished before.

I would stick with the warm water fishing. There are walking trails and access points around most of the resivior. That being said there is not a whole lot to really target except some bass and panfish and the fishing is not what I would call exceptional.

White Clay preserve is nice and scenic and fishes well in April/May but the water temps are probably way too high at this point. It also receives a huge amount of pressure from both bait and fly fisherman so there may not be much left at this point. Others who have fished it more recently may have a better report.

Another option may be to try the fly fishing only section on the West branch of the Octorara.

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize there as a FF only section on the west branch of the Octoraro. I might not even have any time to fish, but it is always better to have a rod on hand just in case the opportunity presents itself. Thanks again.

Back