Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Octoraro Reservoir/Lake

From Granville
Can anyone tell me if there is easy access to shore fish this impoundment? I am going to be down in Chester county and it is either a toss up between here for some WW fishing or at White Clay Preserve for some trout. I'm heading down to my brother's house and would love to sneak away and fish some water I have never fished before.

Posted on: 6/26 13:29

Re: Octoraro Reservoir/Lake

From Lancaster
I would stick with the warm water fishing. There are walking trails and access points around most of the resivior. That being said there is not a whole lot to really target except some bass and panfish and the fishing is not what I would call exceptional.

White Clay preserve is nice and scenic and fishes well in April/May but the water temps are probably way too high at this point. It also receives a huge amount of pressure from both bait and fly fisherman so there may not be much left at this point. Others who have fished it more recently may have a better report.

Another option may be to try the fly fishing only section on the West branch of the Octorara.

Posted on: 6/26 20:17

Re: Octoraro Reservoir/Lake

From Granville
Thanks for the info. I didn't realize there as a FF only section on the west branch of the Octoraro. I might not even have any time to fish, but it is always better to have a rod on hand just in case the opportunity presents itself. Thanks again.

Posted on: 6/26 22:09

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com