Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)

Re: New Little Juniata Postings.

From Pittsburgh
Quote:

CRB wrote:
Any new word?

I get emails from the LJRA every month.
And the last one received said that there will be an announcement about this at the upcoming meeting on Feb 8

Posted on: 2/5 1:18

From State College PA
As not to build false expectations: an update on the LJRA activities will be given at the meeting. No announcement per se. Things are progressing and the LJRA has been busy. Too many balls in the air yet for an announcement and premature, incorrect information can hurt progress.

Posted on: 2/5 20:37

From Erie Co.
?

Posted on: 3/10 22:04

From State College PA
still ongoing. It's a complicated process. It is not as simple as getting NEL to reverse their decision. It will require a land transfer or lease. Once an agreement is made it will be announced.

Posted on: 3/11 15:31

From Penns Creek Canyon

Get the old stealth craft out boys.

Posted on: 3/12 11:39

From Chester County
Since many PAFFers will be in the area for the Jam this weekend, there may be questions on access to the LJ River.

To my knowledge, on the Little J parking and walk-in access is prohibited along the River above Spruce Creek in the yellow house stretch > junk yard > and the entire area at and around the bridge and quarry.

Please obey all posted signs. The LJRA is doing their best to try to reopen access to these areas. There is plenty of access to fish both below and above the posted areas.

Posted on: 5/15 11:52

From Clearfield
Just had a podcast with Bill Anderson from LJRA. He goes in depth about the postings as well as many other things.

Posted on: 5/15 14:43

From SW PA
Any more rain hits the J, your gonna want to wear a PFD to fish there.

Posted on: 5/15 14:51

From Granville
I'll be working this weekend and unable to make the JAM, but I HIGHLY DOUBT that Little J will be fishable. Another pounding storm today and a chance of severe weather everyday leading up to the weekend. I think Saturday looks like rain, too. The Juniata and Kish are both blown out and the Little J is only another 35 miles up the road. I haven't checked the flows but I imagine it is in terrible shape. I'm sure Penns is a mess too. I think the best and most fishable water the people who attend the jam will find will be small mtn freestones. This jam may be best enjoyed at the campground talking and sharing drinks.

Posted on: 5/15 17:15

From Granville
Okay, after checking flows I think you may be okay. It has dropped significantly since yesterday but we certainly can't see any more huge rain events between now and the weekend.

Posted on: 5/15 17:18

From State College PA
the J may not be fishable. There is a delay of about 6 hours between a gully washer and recordings at the Spruce creek gauge. There is rain forecasted every day leading up to Friday. Spruce creek contributes so much sediment (from Halfmoon creek pouring into Spruce) and any chance to fish on top will be upstream of Spruce.
This really sucks

Posted on: 5/15 18:35

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

USGS Water Levels
The New Keystone Fly Fishing Book
Polls
Do You Have or Will You Obtain Multiple State Fishing License’s for 2018?
Yes 68% (64)
No 31% (29)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2018/7/20 10:51
5 Comments

Copyright 2018 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com