Neshaminy Creek

Stagger_Lee

Stagger_Lee

Closest creek to me when I have a couple of hours but doesn't get stocked in the fall. Caught a nice amt of WW fish there this summer and I think I know the answer BUT..

Any fish to be had in the winter or a waste of time to even try until spring?

///I think this is the section to ask this question but if not mods feel free to move it.

Can you fish yet Gimpy?

Told ya .. gimpy may give it a shot next weekend but I'll have to update ya thursday-ish. Broken toe is a beee-atch and a lot different than bruising it.

Thanks for answering my question :)

Did you get out ystrday?

It was a nice walk....but no fish...only out for a couple of hours or so...

Stagger_Lee wrote:
Closest creek to me when I have a couple of hours but doesn't get stocked in the fall. Caught a nice amt of WW fish there this summer and I think I know the answer BUT..

Any fish to be had in the winter or a waste of time to even try until spring?

///I think this is the section to ask this question but if not mods feel free to move it.

Don't know the specifics of the stream, but based on the location, and if you're catching quantities of WW fish there in the summertime, and its not stocked in the fall, I'd find a different stream to fish in the wintertime.

It would be possible to catch fish in the winter time on the neshaminy, but it would be very, very slow. Trout do not hold over and the WW fish will be less active.

Waste of time for trout, but check the Natural reproduction list for wild streams near you. Some of the Neshaminy Creek tribs get fish, but I'm not sure about the fall.

Back