Neshaminy Creek - Bucks County

Stagger_Lee

Stagger_Lee

Anyone fish it this spring? Looking to see how it's fishing and where to fish it?

The run just beneath the spillway off richboro rd has been fishing pretty well. A lot of fish rising on warmer afternoons.

Headed out for a couple hrs ystrday, late afternoon. Fished near Dark Hallow rd area with no success. Have caught a ton of WW fish there last summer yet haven't hooked a trout on this creek. Might try the spillway area if I get a few hrs in the up coming day's.

Avoid the deep water at the base of the spillway. The long run below it is good water overlooked by the bait guys.

Gonna make time this weekend to hit it up (I hope) ... I'll let ya know how I do.

I like the area off of Mills road and Old York rd turn at McDonalds). However this year I only went opening day and hooked one fish in the 3 hours + Went to Pennypack park that afternoon and got 5 in two hours.

I just feel dirty after fishing the mighty Neshaminy. Line needs to be cleaned, boots and waders smell like chit, sweating like a whore in church....that's why I haven't been there in 5 years or so. It stinks too because I live 2-5 minutes from all of the spots mentioned as "good" places to go. I'd rather spend 3 hours in the car to fish an hour and a half, than fish 4 hours on the Neshaminy. Mind you I'm talking trout fishing. Good place to teach my son to fly fish for sunfish and smallies though, and I have a few spots to target carp when the cicada blizzard starts.

There is no Richboro Rd, it's Newtown Rd.

depends on which part you are on.
one side is Richboro-Newtown rd. the other side of 532 is Newtown -Richboro rd..

.I helped make the bypass there. Spent 3 years there working heavy equipment and tri-axle driving..

Bet you miss the Neshaminy with all the second rate trout streams you have access to ;)

Man its hard not to go back------NOT !!
I remember the Neshaminy when you could hook condoms or sunnies..sewer plants back in the day just pumped a lot of garbage into it...

Sandfly, did you used to work at Mainstream Outfitters in Doylestown? I'm headed over there in a few minutes this morning.

Does smell like turd ... next time I'm heading to my spot north of me ... seems cleaner up there. really wish i had better fishing waters close by :-x

Back