Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Nescopeck and Bowmans Creek

Going up to Salmon river NY 3/14-3/15.... Gonna hit one of these creeks on my way back home to harrisburg on the 16th. Anyone ever fish these? I believe their in Luzerne Co. I think they have a regs section. If anyone has any insight or would like to meet up on the 16th on one of these creeks shoot me a pm.

Thanks in advance

Posted on: 2013/2/21 15:44

Re: Nescopeck and Bowmans Creek

From LV
They both have special regs areas. A lot depends on the weather, I'd say Nescopeck will be ahead of Bowmans because it is much farther south. But check to see if they've been stocked or when they'll be stocked. Both also have decent populations of wild fished, based on my experience though, Nescopeck has more wild fish.

Posted on: 2013/2/21 20:17

From Newville, PA
Never fished either but I had a near death experience on the Nescopeck. It was February 1976 and I was kayaking for the first time with friends who had more experience than I. Water was over the back and up into the laurel and trees. Beautiful stream from the parts I saw while upside down. Would definitely like to see it sometime from above the water.

Posted on: 2013/2/22 21:02

Appreciate the feedback guys... I have family just outside of Wilkes Barre and haven't fished up there in about 10 years. I know they don't stock until later so I guess I'll see how well they hold over and hopefully can get into some wilds. Thanks again!

Posted on: 2013/2/25 9:31

From Frederick, MD
My family lives in that area as well I loved the fly fish only section of bowmans they put lots of fish in there and they hold over well. There some really nice brookie streams in Wilkes barre too if you want info on those pm me

Posted on: 2013/3/2 12:52

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com