Muddy Creek York Pa

F

Frank23

Hello Everyone,

I'm Frank and I am brand new to this forum. I'm in Lebanon County and I have off a lot of the week because my classes are scheduled only on tuesdays and thursdays so if anyone needs a local fishing partner pm me. My question for this forum though is in regards to muddy creek. Ive been fishing on the muddy when i was younger on the woodbine section but i have never fly fished it. Im planning on heading up this weekend with a friend to explore the ATW section as well as the some of the other unregulated sections to see what i can find. Just wondering if anybody had any fly suggestions for the area this time of year.

Thanks!

I expect the water is probably pretty clear since we haven't had much recent rainfall. I would try a white wooly bugger, white marabou muddler or some other streamer with a lot of white. Darker wooly buggers may work as well.

If you want to nymph try a bead head hare's ear or caddis pupa.

nice, woolly bugger and cadis larva/pupa have been doing me well this season. Thanks for the suggestions!

Frank,

Good suggestions my McSneek. Muddy is very clear right now. It is best after a rain and won't see new fish til next week. Its pretty slow there with lots of pressure. Things should heat up in later april when the inseason stockings start, pressure dies and truck chasers dictate the crowds.

Good luck.

Maurice

PS, Caddis drys, caddis pupae, larvae, wet flies in caddis and oh yeah....caddis. Still some stoneflies around and I saw a hendrickson today too on the SB. Phesant tails with and w/o beads always work too slow drifted through riffles and pools.

Stay dopwnstream of the spot you are fishing when its clear. Lots of fish in the fly area too so don't over look that area.

ATW was really crowded so i bypassed that section. No luck on the FFO, but was able to catch a small wild brown in the open water on a black woolly bugger.

Back