Muddy Creek Help

nittspike

nittspike

Hi All,

I am planning to explore some new water tomorrow with my 10yr old and he wants to go to Muddy Creek near York PA. We live in DE and I have no idea what the stream is like this time of year, hatches, best wading locations etc. He will be bringing his fly rod and he mostly fishes his comfort zone which is a weighted bugger and or egg pattern, but I would like him to start to branch out and perhaps nymph or even dry fly some.

Can anyone offer some advice as to a good location to try and hit (and or avoid) and what may be some good flies?

Thanks and tight lines!

John

Post how you do as I am hoping to fish there Sunday.

My guess would be that conditions are very good right now - however, I'm not a Muddy regular. Overall, streams in SCPA are in very good shape right now (after a long period of high conditions).

If you haven't seen it yet, there's a decent write up of Muddy here on PA Flyfish under the Where to Fish/Southcentral linkage:

http://www.paflyfish.com/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=145

Also shoot a PM to Maurice, he's pretty in tune with that water. Good luck down there, it's where I cut my teeth harassing the trouts as a youngster.

I'm no expert on this stream but I always do well with worm patterns. IPW, sanjuan, vrib red worm.

Back