Montour and Columbia counties

B

bialeckij

I've just moved to Danville recently does anyone know any good spots around the Danville Bloomsburg area?

Unfortunately there are not designate fly areas or catch and release in mountour or columbia county but there still is some great fishing to be had. A lot of this fisheries could be better but the water quality is often sub par because of acid mine run off.

Hope this list helps!

Danville:

The mahoning small stream that gets absolutely hammered during the season but receives one the largest stockings around the area by the state and a private club. At times it looks like a down right slaughter. I would stay clear of this area during the primary fishing season. That being said it is a beautiful stream in certain sections. If you wanted to try it, I would fish it near the source in Jerseytown or fish it from the park down to the mouth. It actually does hold wild browns.

Bloomsburg:

Fishing creek is the largest stream in the area and I actually found most of the better fishing to be closer to benton and the state game lands. The stream relies heavily on stocking and is also pressured early in the season. Despite this fact it holds fish year round.

Millville:

Little fishing creek, West creek and lick run are all smaller streams with some great opportunity to catch wild browns. You need to do a lot of exploring and ask for landowner permission.

Elysburg:

Roaring creek and south branch of roaring creek are some of my favorite spots to got but this is another area that gets an extreme amount of pressure during the spring. You can fish for wild browns on the south branch in the shamokin reservoir area. The best, most fishy looking water on the roaring is all on private property. You could try to ask for permission but I have never had any luck.

Thanks I'm gonna try and go out this weekend

Welcome to the area! I would also recommend the same spots. But I also fish the Roaring Creek in the Weiser State Forest. Near Natalie. I fish between the dams and also off of Route 42. Fishing is ok most of the time, but the scenery is absolutely gorgeous. You can't drive in, but you can use the parking areas and walk in. It's all catch and release as well. Good Luck. Keep us posted. ALways looking for new waters to fish as well!

This Sunday the Roaring Creek tract of Weiser State Forest is open to vehicle traffice from the route 42 entrance proceeding to the route 54 parking area. If you have not ever been through the forest, try to make an effort to make the drive, it is stunning.

Northern Columbia County has a lot of streamsthat have trout, bsaically put a map ofthe county on the wall and throw darts at it. Any stream the dart lands near should probably have trout if it's in the northern part of the county.
West of Montour Cty. there is always Penns Creek.

Or head west on 80 to the other Fishing Creek, at the Narrows. Top notch. Find the house on the other side of the creek that has a raised walkway over the creek to get to it. Park on the right and fish around there.

Back