Lycoming Creek

UncleShorty

UncleShorty

I'll be @ Little Pine State Park Tues thru Thurs this week.

I plan to take a day and go over to Lycoming Creek. I fished it 40 years ago and remember enjoying myself.

I'll be fishing sub-surface. What would you use this time of year? I'm going to start @ the bottom of the DHALO. Any other spots you could recommend?

Pine, Slate & Little Pine are already on the agenda along w/ Lycoming.

I might hit up the Loyalsock just for grins & giggles. There's so much beautiful water in Lycoming County. I'd like to stay there for a month!!

Loyalsock will be good for 14-16 sulphurs and 14 slate drakes.

Baby grey craws if you want to nail smallies.

Thanks duckfoot.

I have some partridge & oranges in 14 I'll try on the swing...

Generally, I've found the Loyalsock to be one hook size smaller with every bug that you can find, although they are sparse in hatches.

The exception is the huge drake that's about a size 4 that come out starting next month. No joke, they're mutants.

Don't starts at the bottom of the DHALO, go to the top of it and work up from there.

Or drive up the road by the old Poweys bar and stay to the right. Park where the road loops around (above the final house) and walk in there.

Sulphurs and drakes. Probably some caddis too.

mkern gave you one of the best spots, in my opinion the fishing only gets better as you go upstream as long as you skip some of the real long and slow pools. ralston is another great area

Back