Little Lehigh Revisit

After fishing it 3x a week from about 2000 to 2011, I've started getting back into fly fishing & was really surprised at how the cut down bank trees and such has allowed the stream to be so barren looking!

And the flow/speed vs. depth has changed it seems where many spots I used to at least get a few takes are just flowing at a constant with less seams and breaks.

I guess this has been beaten to a pulp but, is it the same all over the stream?

Welcome to PAFF.

Yes the Little Lehigh has gone downhill by most accounts. Here are a few past threads on the subject >

LL 1

LL 2

LL 3

LL 4

Again, welcome aboard!

FYI, you can search any subject by by scrolling down to the bottom of the screen and clicking on "advanced search". Type in the subject and hit submit. Any info posted on threads will pop up and you can read what has been discussed on the subject going back many years.

I'll add to Afish's post above that it is best to consider old threads as "read-only." They can be re-freshed and sometimes it makes sense to do this.

Most of the time, however, it is best not to re-fresh threads that are more than about a year old as doing so causes all kinds of confusion.

Read 'em and leave 'em. If one wishes to resume a conversation on an old and popular topic, it is best to start a new thread.

Hello Guest that started this post. I'm sorry but your account was accidentally deleted in a recent cleanup process. It was my fault and want to fix this. Please email and I'll get you set back up.

Dave - dkile@paflyfish.com

Thanks Dave! I'm back :) -- Brian btw

Thanks for the info guys --- I know the fish are there still, just want to explore for of the area downstream from the covered bridge. Any good water above the FFO section?

I was down near those sewage "concrete box" things and boy that smelled awful. Never noticed that as much.

Anyway nice to grab a few the first couple times out in a WHILE --- they still eat midges :)

Also, any Saucon info recently? That was my other go to in the area but always felt like I had to carry in the summer. Had some great days BWO'ing in Feb and love the browns in that stream. I need to get back out there too.

Thanks again for the comments guys --- nice to be out walking/hiking again, I need it.

Back