Little Lehigh Outing

djs12354

djs12354

Dan and I decided to head down to the Little Lehigh on Friday 10/27. We both had the day off and Dan has not fished the LL in warm weather and streams by us were blown out, down we went.

Fished hard from mid-morning till 1:30 took a quick break and back at it. Nymphs, wets and wooly buggers were tossed without success.

I was tired of chucking the nymphs and tied on a dry, just to feel the difference in casting. That started the activity for me. Got this one, stung two others and missed another. Need to work on keeping less slack in the line.

Also saw this little guy sunning himself.

Final pic is the Lehigh River up by Gouldsboro.

Attachments

• Small Brown LL 10 27 12.jpg
    Small Brown LL 10 27 12.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Sunning himslef.jpg
    Sunning himslef.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Lehigh by Gouldsboro.jpg
    Lehigh by Gouldsboro.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 2
Nice Dave! Wish I was there!

JT

Didn't see too many other people, which is unusual for that stream.

Did bump into Shane (Sbecker) who was mentoring a friend fishing nearby. Shane - did he have any luck? Hope he got into something.

Yea, he did land one on a caddis dry and miss a few. He also had one or two long releases on the pattern you provided thanks. I then stole his rod from him and cast a good 50 times and miss a couple on the caddis. Lol I stood there for over an hour with my wife, I had to get a rod in my hand for a little bit!

Hey Shane.

Yeah, it's really difficult to just stand by!

Glad he got into some fish. Even a long release is better than not turning anything!

Just got off the phone with my brother and we are going to head somewhere for a couple of hours. Thinking is that this will be the last chance to get out for a while. The storm should blow things out for a week or so.

Dave,

Keep in mind that when rain gets really bad Stillwater spillway all but closes up resulting in lowering the cfs in the upper Lack. Might be the time to hit the old #10 hole and a couple other spots.

Back