Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Little Lehigh After Rain

From Schwenksville, PA
A few years ago, when I was learning to fly fish, I caught my first ever trout on a fly. It was on a wooly bugger, at the LL heritage section. It was a 14 inch wild brown. I have been to the LL numerous times since then, having much luck with nymphs but none with streamers. The Little Lehigh holds some big fish. I was wondering if anyone ever had luck tossing streamers after a rain there. It works for me at Valley Creek. I may be heading to the LL or Valley tomorrow.
Thanks

Posted on: 10/30 13:03

Re: Little Lehigh After Rain

From SEPA
It works, FlyGuy. I caught a 14 at Valley today on a big olive bugger and a dozen little guys on a small black bugger and a purple pt deep. Valley will be back to normal by tonight, so LL may be stained up longer. I have done the same thing there, though more rainbow seem to be in the heritage section these days...

Posted on: 10/30 18:41

Re: Little Lehigh After Rain

From Schwenksville, PA
I have found the same to be true with the rainbows. I know the wild browns are there But i guess the bows more willing to play. Most of the bows I have caught almost Look wild. I know they were stocked or hatchery escapees ar on point. But the ones I have caught there have beautiful colors and good fins.

Posted on: 10/31 12:21

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

USGS Water Levels
Polls
Angling Trade E-Survey: How Many Outdoor Print Magazines Do You Subscribe To?
None. Nada. Zip. 50% (46)
One or two. 32% (30)
Three or four. 13% (12)
More than four. 3% (3)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2017/10/27 11:42
Comments?

Copyright 2017 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com