Laurel Highlands Conditions

P

pwk5017

Im checking the yough at ohiopyle and somehow it isnt increasing at all. I saw the storms pass over that area on the radar, and I assume they got rain. The Pittsburgh area got alot, so I am wondering, did the streams in the area get water and the gauges are off, or did they really not get a drop from yesterday's rain? I wanted to fish Meadow Run and Laurel Hill tomorrow, but not if they were going to be a trickle.

Patrick

nevermind, the laurel hill gauge was finally updated!

On a side note, I am looking forward to the stream gauges going back to normal instead of being updated once a day.

I am trying to make it up to Laurel Hill (Boy Scout Camp and Lower Humbert sections) ASAP. This stream is a beauty in the fall, just need to avoid all of the falling leaves. Good luck and tight lines!!

I fished dunbar yesterday and it was extremely low and clear. even with long, light leaders the fish were extremely skittish and few and far between

Yep, Meadow Run was the same. Not Summer low, but still low and clear. I got a few, but the fishing was poor and semi crowded. I fished the yough in between meadow and cucumber, and stung a few. Probably would have made my day to land one of the yough fish.

I drove past Clear Shade Creek on 160 yesterday and it took much willpower not to stop and try a few casts but it sure looked in great shape.

Back