Lackawanna

B

Bobert540

I am looking to get up to the Lackawanna River Saturday or Sunday this weekend before I take a break during the spawning period. I am just looking for general guidance for a first timer to the area and feel free to PM if it's easier. Thank you in advance for your help.

Several months ago there was an article in the Eastern Fly Fisherman on the Lackawanna. I keep most of my issues and just looked through them and did not see that particular issue.I believe you can go on line and order back issues.Not much help for this w/e but maybe useful for future trips.

did you try searching this site for info on the Lackawanna? Should be some info here iIMO
Tom

Thanks Tom! I will have to search for that article. For a first timer I had a great day on the water despite the low levels. I knew conditions were far from ideal but I wanted to explore new water and see what the Lack had to offer. I will definitely be back.

If you are in town be sure to see the guys at A&G Outfitters in Dickson City.

Cheers!

Next time you want to fish the Lack PM me. I don't get out much these days but I know the river fairly well. The upper Lack is about 300 yards behind my house.

Even if I can't join you I can give you directions to some good spots.

I love the Lackawanna...grew up just a few blocks from it. Where do you plan on going? PM me for some info depending on where you are going and maybe we can fish or I can point you in the right direction. Also, CathyG is top notch so give her a shout too!

They also featured it in The Drake. I believe it was the Spring '15 edition. I'll be in Scranton in the next few weeks and would also like some pointers on what parts you guys recommend fishing.

Give me a holler when you get to the area.

I want to get up there again soon now that we are getting a little bit of rain.

i recommend staying away until december at the earliest all. A friend fishes it regularly and ive heard reports of redds and spawning activity ramping up.

10-4. I appreciate the update. I will stick to the local stocker stream for awhile.

I'm on vacation next week and will fish it a couple times.

A friend fished it yesterday and didn't see any spawning activity.

Cathy & Bass - correction: Olyphant, not Archbold

If you were worried about flows being too low, they aren't anymore. I was up that way today in Wayne Co, but in the Lack basin, and all streams were flowing quite well due to recent rain, including 1.5 inches mid-week.

O hot damn! I am gonna go snag me some off the reds!

Back