HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

Re: Lackawanna river

From Pocono Mountains
Quote:

pennsadventures wrote:
I love how all you guys think we're rookies lol. I guided for years on way better water than the Lackawanna. It was a last min trip for time restrictions my buddy was doing google searches all the way there. We did hit two spots. Not sure of the first location because he just told me how to get there and the second was a section in the park. Let me repeat myself. It was a last second trip for time issues. We were going to head to ny but his ex wife jammed that up. This is why I never post on this board. It's full of douchebags that are know it alls. Since you do your weekend get away on penns I will put money up that him and I smoke anyone on the stream!! I will show you how"bad we are lol.

Thanks to the guys that actually took this post serious. To the douchebags put your money where your mouth is because we will take you to school.

Perhaps you might fit in over on The Drake forum a little bit better with that attitude. Lots of "guides" there too. "Smoke anyone on the stream" - classic. Is this a troll post?
Mike B

Posted on: 9/8 16:44

From Southeast, PA
Hahaha thanks to this post I got through a very slow day at work.

Posted on: 9/8 17:23

How would the Penn's challenge work? Is it one person vs you and your buddy? Is it 2 on 2 tag team? 4 way he'll in a cell match? Ladder match? How much money are we wagering? Could we make it a retirement match, loser has to throw all of his gear in the river? Any chance we could do it at the Tully keystone light select trophy waters?

If I can get a clearer understanding of the rules I'd be more interested.

Posted on: 9/8 18:04

From West Chester,PA
A few of the reasons I like this board are the knowledge and incredible experience of its members. And also the Civility and Helpfulness of the membership (e.g.Heritage Angler)
I would really hope we keep it that way .
Tom C

Posted on: 9/8 18:46

From Southeast, PA
I agree Tom. The original question was fine. Things got blown out of proportion and I'd say the hostility is unwarranted. it's a shame tone of voice can't be interpreted well through text alone.

A retirement competition cracks me up though! Throw all your gear into the river?!!! Hahaha but hey! We are all about conservation and I believe that would not align with that principle. LMAO.

Also the tully keystone light section- priceless. But who doesn't love the tully!

Posted on: 9/8 18:55

From selinsgrove
Someone take us up on it then. I put a post up to not be told I'm a rookie!!! If it's not taken serious why would I respect anything that is said. It's easy, I will give respect when it's earned. If all you guys are so good ( because I see the photos from the jam) meet up with us on the water. I tie for the two main fly shops on penns. So if you ever bought a fly most likely it came form me but I'm just a rookie lol. Someone name a time and place and how many anglers. I have enough guys that will teach all you guys something.

Posted on: 9/8 19:01

From Southeast, PA
Quote:
A few of the reasons I like this board are the knowledge and incredible experience of its members. And also the Civility and Helpfulness of the membership (e.g.Heritage Angler) I would really hope we keep it that way . Tom C

Posted on: 9/8 19:05

From Delaware Water Gap
My god. I wouldn't fish with you even if you bought the beer, and that's saying something.

And if you dudes defending this attitude want people posting here to sound more like this guy than like the responses poking fun at him, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree.

Posted on: 9/8 19:18

From Gettysburg
Quote:

pennsadventures wrote:
Thanks to the guys that actually took this post serious. To the douchebags put your money where your mouth is because we will take you to school.

Lighten up.

You asked a question about a river and folks suggested some rivers are tough and you have pay your dues. These were fair answers. If you thought they were of no value, just ignore 'em and take some time to appreciate and consider the ones you did think were valuable.

Posted on: 9/8 19:32

From Gettysburg
Everyone else. . . .

Let it go.
If you've got some info on the stream in question, by all means chime in, otherwise, let's move on to better things.
Thanks,
DW

Posted on: 9/8 19:34

From Beaver Falls. PA.
Quote:

pennsadventures wrote:
Someone take us up on it then. I put a post up to not be told I'm a rookie!!! If it's not taken serious why would I respect anything that is said. It's easy, I will give respect when it's earned. If all you guys are so good ( because I see the photos from the jam) meet up with us on the water. I tie for the two main fly shops on penns. So if you ever bought a fly most likely it came form me but I'm just a rookie lol. Someone name a time and place and how many anglers. I have enough guys that will teach all you guys something.
. Remember if the fly doesn't work......" It's not the fly......YOU SUCK !!!!!"

Posted on: 9/8 22:58

From Dallastown, PA
Quote:

SmoothOperator wrote: Remember if the fly doesn't work......" It's not the fly......YOU SUCK !!!!!"

Norm gave me a bumper sticker that said this on a Saturday morning at the jam. From some Yellowstone flyshop. I regrettably put it on my bumper and now am slowly convincing everyone who thought I was a decent human being they were wrong. Based on the facial expressions after they read it while talking with me at the tailgate.

As to the OP, "I'm a pretty good fly fisherman too" and when me and Fritz went to the lack for a few days of camping and fishing after hearing all the hoopla, we found it a very difficult figure. Only caught a handful of fish in three days and had one hog tear me off. It was early September I think too...

It's not the Little J or Spring or Penns for sure.

I also am reminded everytime I open my tailgate after a skunking what really happened that day.

Posted on: 9/9 7:35

From Chester County
Sometimes the catchin' is good.

And sometimes the catchin' isn't so good.

But everyday fly-fishing is good!

If not....you're doing it all wrong.

Posted on: 9/9 7:55

From Nowheresville, PA
I consider my self to be an excellent fly fisher. I also think I resemble Brad Pitt.

Posted on: 9/9 8:06

I've only fished letort maybe 20 times and falling springs a half dozen. I think falling springs is harder, what do you guys who fish these creeks regularly think? To me, these are the two hardest streams/rivers ive fished.

Henry's fork at the ranch I thought was fairly easy, the upper Delaware had a big learning curve but it's not that bad. I fished the battenkill in vt one day and did very well. None of the above were with a guide.

I've fished penns maybe 1/2 dozen times and I thought it was pretty easy - and the only times I've fished it have been in Feb and march.

Posted on: 9/9 8:45

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

USGS Water Levels
Polls
Angling Trade E-Survey: How Many Outdoor Print Magazines Do You Subscribe To?
None. Nada. Zip. 50% (46)
One or two. 32% (30)
Three or four. 13% (12)
More than four. 3% (3)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2017/10/27 11:42
Comments?

Copyright 2017 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com