Lackawanna Slammer

djs12354

djs12354

It's been close to two weeks since I have been able to get out and wet a line.....Caught a cold two weeks ago and spent that weekend coughing my head off and trying to sleep. This past weekend was spent in Detroit, attending a wedding and getting to spend time with grand-kids.

Couldn't wait for this Saturday, so I decided to head for the Lack and see if I could at least wet a line and practice some casting. Talked my brother in to coming along. Didn't bother to suit up, just stuck to areas where I could fish from the bank and stay dry.

A few drifts with a Copper John and I had this beast slam the fly!

Attachments

• 09 20 12 Lackawanna Slammer.jpg
    09 20 12 Lackawanna Slammer.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 8
He's really pretty

I'm hitting the Lack tomorrow. Today it looks like its still a little high.

Musta been the lucky hat!

I've caught bigger and smaller. Lol ;-)

Barbless - I agree - it's no stockie. Photo doesn't do justice to the pretty colors of the little guy.

GathyG - That was the first fish I caught on the rod I just purchased from you. We're headed to the Lack tomorrow morning. Keep your eyes peeled.

Maurice - Lucky hat was home on the table. (Didn't want to take the time to transfer the license.) It will get it's trial run tomorrow morning. :)

Shane - I only have one close to that size. It was a little rainbow that came flying out of the rifflles below the bridge at the Little Lehigh.

pcray1231 wrote:
Green sunfish. ;)

What! I thought it was a spotted bass!

I'll catch fish that size allday everyday an be completely happy.

Fished the upper Lack (Forest City) yesterday and caught 2 brookies. One may have been a holdover stockie that was stocked in the spring but didn't look like one. The other was only about 4".

CathyG wrote:
Fished the upper Lack (Forest City) yesterday and caught 2 brookies. One may have been a holdover stockie that was stocked in the spring but didn't look like one. The other was only about 4".

Cathy - We were down in the area you recommended exploring and i used the tactic that you told me worked for you. Worked for me as well on the one stretch. I caught one 10 incher and another one of those little guys. We went to an area about one-half mile above the soccer field and I caught another 10 inch brown.

Maurice - the hat must have been lucky, since I was the only one to catch fish. I can expect to out-fish my brother since he's just starting to fly-fish, but Dan's a better fisherman than I with nymphs and they both struck out. (Dan may have been working toward larger fish, where I was just happy to hook something besides the bottom or the over-hanging brush.)

Dave,
Glad you got into some fish. There are also big ones in that stretch. I caught the biggest trout of my life just above there and a 30" brown was caught just below about 3 years ago.

That's also where a bald eagle likes to hang out. He's seen regularly.

The second fish I caught on the fly rod was about that size. You know, as small as it was it fell like a 10lber when bringing it in! The first I caught was a 8 inch stocked Rainbow from a small lake by my house. Nice story, and nice fish. I certainly hope you plan to get that one mounted? :D

Back