Knoebels-creek that runs through

J

jimmy22sept

i have heard that the stream that runs through Knoebels-Mugser Run- is a good place to fish----has anyone ever fished there

i have read somewhere that it might be partially wild trout there too

I have fished it in the Spring. I would bet there are some holdovers. You may also want to try the South branch of Roaring Creek

I was there in late august this year, and saw numerous stocked fish rising to yellow hemlock needles on the surface, near the merry go round below the covered bridge.

http://www.fish.state.pa.us/images/fisheries/afm/2004/4_06-22roaring.htm

and

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1033/1066139807_c94c627e73.jpg?v=0

from the knoebels steam, looks trouty to me.

I can tell you there are trout in the park. I dont think they will let you fish though :lol:

The Park allows fishing! They would like it done prior to the opening hour in the AM and when the park is not open (like April trout season until the park officially opens). But it's only a request. You can actually fish it whenever you would like... they won't stop you. But I bet the park patrons wouldn't like their snowcone snagged on a backcast! LOL!

really? damn i knew that one year i shoulda went back to the car :lol:

been camping there the past few years with the family in July and have seen a good amount of trout every year... mostly rising too!....i always said i was going to sneak down and fish it in the am (my wife was a little hesitant about it) but looks like it's legal....sweet...i'll have to tie some dries that look like soft pretzels..

jeff

Years ago we took our Son camping there, great place for the kids. I never fish the creek, I have walked it, never seen much although it was always late in the summer and the water was low.

When I went up there I couldn't wait to go to Fishing creek, I'd go fishin and the wife and kid went to the park. I always wanted to get back to fishing creek but never have. I had some good days on fishing creek!

PaulG

I have heard good things about roaring spring form a buddy that fish it, it wasn't in the park area!

Not to dredge up an old post, but I was in the park the other day with my kids and was "trout spotting". I saw several browns holding their position by the frog hopper thingamajiggy. They had nice spot patterns, although I couldn't get a good enough look to see if they were streambred or not. I enjoyed watching the baitfish rise to a hatch of something around dusk as the stream started to come alive.

I was mildly distracted by the creek until I remembered I was there to have fun with my kids!

Was there yesterday, and spotted 1 brown doing laps feeding. Lots of suckers.

Both have wild trout, I've never fished Mugser Run, but a friend of mine has and he's caught trout there. that was upstream of the park a way. Funny you ask because we were just talking about this stream a couple of weeks ago.
Both have limestone influence.

I have caught some nice wild browns in the main branch of Roaring Creek.

Should you want to fish near the park, you can also fish the J&D campground stretch, which is north of the park on 487. Park outside the capmground and walk downstream to the mouth.

Yea, not the girls with four teeth.

Back