Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Kettle creek weekemd

From E-Town and Germania
Busch, Yuengling Lager and Coors Light. When someone asks for the fancy stuff you are told we don't have that, this is the PA Wilds!

Posted on: 2013/11/20 23:59

Hey Sandfly !

From Skwentna / Wasilla, Alaska
Sandfly,

Hi Bob, it took awhile but I found this forum and while doing some recon I spotted your posts. I never did apologize for not making it up to meet you last May when I was back there but I had 4.5 days and it was pretty busy. Next trip I'll try to be in the area longer.

The picture of the big bear, that's real bear. I remember well what things get like this time of year for you folks out in the hills. I lived down in Cogan Station before everything was built up and had a cabin in Roaring Branch. As much as I enjoyed my dogs and grouse hunting I dreaded bear & deer seasons.

You know where I'm at now and you know it's pretty quite at this time of year, about -7 quiet tonight :)

Ard / Hardyreels

Posted on: 2013/11/21 6:09

From Portage, PA
Busch, Yuengling Lager and Coors Light. When someone asks for the fancy stuff you are told we don't have that, this is the PA Wilds!

Stopped at the Tannery in on the first fork, guys came in with matching BMW motorcycle jackets. Asked for a martini, then some high class wine, then for a rolling rock bottle, the girl told him they had in in a can, guy says that's not good engouh.

A local looks over and says "Buddy your in rural freakin' Pennsylvania, the best your gonna git is a shot n' a beer"

I love Potter County. Will be up there this weekend for bear. Might hit up the first fork on the way home.

Posted on: 2013/11/21 12:57

From NC PA Mountains
Quote:

sandfly wrote:
Hey Brad,
looks like more hung over bear hunters make sure the dog is in. you know how these flat landers like to shoot cubs...

For the cub hunters have one this size running around here.

here's one they shot up in Ulysses a couple of years ago.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/11/21 14:22

From Ephrata, PA
I don't usually fear bears (they fear me! Bow before Sasquatch), but man I would NOT want to see a 740lb bear while fishing. Dang.

Posted on: 2013/11/21 23:04

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com