Kettle Creek conditions

D

Dipnrip

Thinking of hitting up kettle creek and first fork on my way home from work on Friday. I know it rained a lot on Tuesday and looking at the gauges is misleading as they appear to be both below the dams. Anyone know how much rain these areas got and if they may be fishable by Friday?

Spent last weekend in the Kettle Creek Valley. Water little high but clear and fishable. Lots of tan caddis's late afternoon. It'll be in good shape this weekend. There are two gauges on Kettle one below the dam just below the lower campground and the other below Cross Fork. I use the one below Cross Fork. As far as the First Fork it looks a little higher then I like to fish it, but it'll be clear too.

Kettle appears to be in great shape for this time of year! Always use the gauge at Cross Fork.

Ended up doing prett well. Caught about 20-30 at kettle in the FFO zone. Mix of holdovers and new stockies. Water has pretty high but pretty clear.
Went to First fork later in the afternoon and caught another 5 or so. Water again pretty high but green.
Couldn’t get a hit other than on sucker spawn. Tried a lot of nymphs and wooley buggers as my main fly on tandem but didn’t matter.

Back