Kansas City, MO

stal42

stal42

In early May, I am attending a work conference and staying in downtown Kansas City, MO. I will likely be renting a car for the few days I am there but don't want to travel too far as I probably won't have tons of free time to spend fishing. Wondering if anyone knows of any fishable water close to downtown? Thanks in advance for any intel.

h

You could try contacting KK Flyfisher (www.kkflyfisher.com). They are in Overland Park just outside KC. I have used them for online purchases many times and they have always been first class. I would think that they could give you some information.

Omg I would be living at the BBQ places.

I'm with becker here, much better BBQ than fishing anywhere around KC MO!

Dang! I hate to say it, but I'd be waking up and a BBQ place and checking them all out. The only place I know that's there is the Mo. R. and I don't know if it's fishable there. And it will probably be up and muddy even if it otherwise would be fishable.

When travelling for work, priority number one is typically eating so you can be certain I will be hitting unlimited BBQ joints. But I'm sure I can find some time to fish between meals! Thanks for the input so far!

h

You are not eating enough if you can fish between meals!

I clearly need to re-think my whole strategy here :)

Lol good luck with planning.

I'm also going to open this thread up to recommendations for good BBQ in the area since we've gone in that direction. What's the best spot(s) to hit?

Having lived in the KC area before I can say that the BBQ is WAY better than the fishing. Most of the time I would travel to Southern MO or northern Arkansas to fly fish the White River or Lake Taneycomo. There are a few streams that are stocked throughout the state....just have to look at the fish and game website for MO.

As for BBQ I would check out Gates BBQ, Oklahoma Joes, Danny Edwards Blvd, and Arthur Bryant's.

Thanks for the tips! I plan to eat quite a bit :)

Back