Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: How far is your closest wild brook stream?

From Morgantown, PA
Haha, yeah, that’s a full plate for sure. Wrong assumption on my part, my apologies. Was going off context clues from some of your other posts. Fish when ya can, and make the most of it, all you can do.

Posted on: 10/24 20:19

From LV
30 minutes, which is too long considering how close the other wild trout streams are to where I live. I could if I wanted to walk to Saucon Creek in 10 minutes if I wanted to catch wild browns, but I don't fish for wild browns except by accident.

Posted on: 11/5 14:21

From lancaster county
If I pre rig my rod and drive to the right hole at the right time I can be on brook trout in the 10"-14" class in 12-15 minutes.

Drive up to 1 hour I could catch bigger if I'm lucky

Posted on: 11/5 16:59

From Christiana, Delaware
I have to drive about 90 minutes at least to get to a wild brook trout stream. Every time I go to one its always a great adventure. Worth the time.

Posted on: 11/7 19:03

From Northern VA
Quote:
Aducker wrote:

I have to drive about 90 minutes at least to get to a wild brook trout stream. Every time I go to one its always a great adventure. Worth the time.

Send me a PM if you want a few to check out with half that drive time.

Posted on: 11/8 14:02

From Pittsburgh
at least an hour for me... have good wild brown fisheries within 40 mins. Stocker stream, 15 mins.

Posted on: 11/9 13:22

From Granville
Reading all of these responses makes me so happy that I live where I live. I've said it before, if I had travel times like lots of you guys I'd either take up another hobby or just fish for bass and whatnot more, which I all ready do a lot of.

But, back to the brookie question, how about I just say as short as nearly possible. I've got a multitude of wild brown trout streams and brookie streams within 15 minutes, but some of the brookie streams are really close. I at least have to drive 10 mins for wild brownies.

Posted on: 11/14 10:44

From Granville
Quote:

outsider wrote:
So if he said he fished bait for trout with worms it would be OK to pass on information on a fly fishing forum? Or if it was found out that he kills native brook trout it would be OK to pass on information?

People of all kinds love to fish for trout. If you are a bait fisherman and truly respect the fish and the environment then so be it, get out there and have fun. Equally if you harvested a brookie over 7 inches from a Class A water then so be it, you did not break the laws that the PFBC put in place with what they proposed as a "proper management plan." Let's not act like pompous elitists who never accidentally kill a fish or hook one too deep and would never harvest one and then go and order a wild salmon fillets in a restaurant.

Posted on: 11/14 10:48

Still so jealous of all that live within a short drive of brookie streams. I’d certainly go as often as possible if I only had to drive 15 mins or less. At least I have a brownie stream that’s a closeish drive. I just marvel at the beauty of brook trout and the streams they’re mostly found in.

Posted on: 11/14 14:03

From Geigertown, PA
Around 2 miles from me. 2 class a brookie creeks, a class a brown creek, and a heavily stocked creek and lake. All less than 5 minutes of driving.

Posted on: 11/15 17:55

« 1 2 3 (4)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

USGS Water Levels
Polls

Copyright 2018 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com