Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Harmans Cabins this weekend

From Norristown, PA
Hello All,

I ended up booking a cabin for this weekend up at Harmans. Its been on my list of places to try and since its relatively close (4.5hr) away I was able to get a night with my girlfriend this weekend.

I obviously plan to do a full day (atleast as full as I can, atleast 6-8hrs) worth of fishing the river. Any helpful tips would be appreciated in terms of anywhere else I should venture off and try besides the obvious waterway in front of the cabin properties. I wouldnt mind trying totally different waters if they are relatively close to the property (5-10miles)

Posted on: 12/17 10:04

Re: Harmans Cabins this weekend

From Norristown, PA
Of course looks like rain the day before and during my stay. Hopefully it doesnt make fishing a crapshoot.

Posted on: 12/18 7:34

The rain wont affect fishing there. My wife and I were there in October during the Hurricane don t remember the name but we got a lot of rain and still caught fish. Just swing some buggers.

Posted on: 12/18 8:25

Webmaster
Have a great time share some pictures and please tell them you are from Paflyfish!!

Posted on: 12/18 11:33

From Northern VA
Hope the weather holds out for you. If the river by the cabins blows out and is unfishable, try Seneca Creek as a backup plan. Even that can sometimes be too high though, but all of its tributaries contain brook and rainbow trout. You should be able to find somewhere to catch fish. Beautiful area!

Posted on: 12/18 12:54

From Norristown, PA
Thanks all. will do

Posted on: 12/18 13:15

From Clearville Pa
If you try seneca be aware because if i remember correct there is rock snot in there.

Posted on: 12/19 10:55

From SE PA - Montgomery County
And some creepy hillbillies after a mile or so hike in to the waterfalls area. Beware.

Posted on: 12/20 9:36

From Norristown, PA
Streams were a total blow out. Hiked Seneca rocks, that was cool. Also drove up through dolly sods mountain area, that probably made the trip half worth it. Climbing the elevation and it then being snow packed was cool. Will post pics later. I have a whole years worth of a fishing license up there to use so I guess ill be making a few trips back to get some fishing in

Posted on: 12/26 9:12

From Norristown, PA
Heres a bunch of pics from the trip.Unfornuately the water levels were totally blown out, go figure. But it means I will have to take another trip or two up there in 2019 atleast since I have a whole WV license for the year.

Besides Seneca creek and the Cranberry river, does anyone have a contact with Harmans or atleast would be able to work out some one day only fly fishing discount on their river for me? I was tinking with the idea of going up very soon, like within the next month to give it another shot to fish their stretch of river. But I wouldnt want to dine @ $200 a night again. Especially since I will be giving them 12 guys/3 cabin rentals for 2 nights later this year. I convined my brother and friends to spend a weekend there this year.

I also recently got a tent that attaches to my SUV so would be excited to use that as well. IF anyone knows anyone who can pull any strings to lower that $100 a day pass, please let me know.

Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image

Posted on: 1/6 17:59

From Lititz, PA
Thanks for the post and pictures. I feel bad for you about the weather and water levels. I used to live in WV and am a frequent tourist.

Posted on: 1/6 18:53

From Garrettsville, OH
You stayed in our favorite cabin at Harmans. Sorry the river was blown out. That has happened to us on several occasions. Was Seneca too high to fish also? I hope your next trip will find the waters fishable.

Posted on: 1/6 21:59

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
USGS Water Levels
The New Keystone Fly Fishing Book
Polls
Which voluntary permits will you purchase in 2019
Wild Trout Permit
Habitat Improvement Permit
Musky Permit
Bass Permit
Trout Stamp
Erie Stamp
Combo Stamp
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2019/3/13 20:37
3 Comments

Copyright 2018 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com