Fished Manada Creek today.

salmo-trutta

salmo-trutta

Fished delayed harvest section of Manada today. Started about 2:30. First time I've fished this creek. Thanks for the info on location yesterday. So I started at the hole below the bridge near Manada Bottom and Rt 443. I walked down to the bottom of the hole and there were flies on the water everywhere - tan caddis, Hendrickson and small olives. I tied on a hedrickson, new pattern I wanted to try, with wings made from a sheet of packing foam I had. I saw a rise and casted down to him and hooked a beautiful brookie on the first cast. I was also fishing a new Winston I bought on ebay. So I released the fish and retied my fly and turned to work my way up stream, and a fly fisherman walked down to the stream and steps into the hole right in front of me, walked into the middle, turns his back to me and fishes right in front of me, walking up the middle of the stream. If you are the the guy with the red shirt on, you know who you are, you might want to search for an article on fishing edique. Because that was pure ignorance.

So I fished down stream and about 40 minutes later, here comes red shirt and he's going to do it again. I stepped in the stream and he must have thought better of it, because he walked further down.

I did not see another trout all day. I caught one fall fish and one small mouth?

I've seen some of that lousy stuff lately too. You may have noticed the guy was probably flailing away because he can't cast. And these types are oblivious to rising fish and will always be throwing some ugly, oversized streamer or junk fly. In about two weeks these jokers will put the fishing equipment away for the year.

Actually, this guy could fish. This wasn't a beginner who didn't know any better. That i can understand. This was a guy who knew exactly what he was doing and just didn't care.

Actually, my friend and I watched this happen when we were fishing Monday. It was a small stream. The guy and his on stopped on the bank above us and looked down, seen us, and then disappeared. Two minutes later they were standing in the stream 50 some feet above us. I mean blatantly in the middle of the stream.

Don't even get me started about the people fishing the little Schuylkill river.

Back