First Fork of Sinnemahoning question

mike_richardson

mike_richardson

I will be going to Potter this weekend, and fishing above Costello. I was wondering if anyone can tell me the ammount of snow and the water level of the stream.

I am worried with the rain/warm up, the stream could be blown out by the time i get there Saturday.

Thanks,

Mike

As of this weekend the water was a little low in Costello

I'm in Dubois. There's 4-6 inches of snow on the ground right now and we're about to get a rainy heat wave (high 50's). That'll bring the water up for about 3-4 days.

Next weekend will be cold, so the water level will be starting to return to normal winter levels again.

Any updates?

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/pa/nwis/uv?site_no=01543700

Am I correct in thinking that this is going to be blown out. I will be fishing about 6 miles or so above this point. But the proportions should still be the same and say it is about 2 or 3 times above normal ( 4 ft higher than normal)

I have never used one of these charts before but i think the evidence is clear. Do you think it can come down by saturday enought to be able to fish.

everything is blown out today, I have pine creek in my back and front yard again. dang trout are lined up waiting for the coops to flood so they can steal the chicken pellets....^$#%$...

Attachments

• Image00003.jpg
    Image00003.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Image00004.jpg
    Image00004.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Image00005.jpg
    Image00005.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Image00001.jpg
    Image00001.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 2
LOL thanks sandfly i bet she wont be down by saturday morning. The real feel temp is supposed to be -1 anyway. :( I am still taking my gear and praying that the upper end of the first fork not be as bad ;) Hey i can hope, wish, and pray right.

mike_richardson wrote:
Any updates?

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/pa/nwis/uv?site_no=01543700

Am I correct in thinking that this is going to be blown out. I will be fishing about 6 miles or so above this point. But the proportions should still be the same and say it is about 2 or 3 times above normal ( 4 ft higher than normal)

I have never used one of these charts before but i think the evidence is clear. Do you think it can come down by saturday enought to be able to fish.

Tie flies......

Brad, i wake up everyday and tie from430 to 630. LOL i only get up to potter 2 times a year. I am bummed but it is what it is. I may just hang out in the camp and relax. Just kills me to be that close to my favorite stream on earth. LOL

Look like it'll still be high. Good thing I'm not a weatherman. :)

bummer

Well it dropped a foot since last evening. I might just get to cast a line. If not in the First Fork maybe in Freeman Run.

Were you able to wet a line?

Yep. Look at my mink/fly fisherman post. No fish caught and a mink stole a brownie from where i was going to start my fishing. The creek was a bit high but fishable. The water temps were very low and I think is why they shut off. I had to fish though.

Back