Evening Branch - Schuylkill County

gweisinger

gweisinger

Just spent an hour or so on the Evening Branch in Schuylkill County. Caught a couple of native brookies but ran into a pretty large swamp while walking up stream. Map shows the swamp is a half mile long or so. Anybody know if there are any wild trout above the swamp? Seems like the swamp would warm the down stream water making it tough for trout to survive.

There are trout in the swamp, and to some extent, gold mine run, which feeds into the swamp. Beaver dam above the swamp also holds trout. Terrain can be rough. Big fallfish for a native stream. I've stalked more than a few thinking it was the grandaddy of all natives. :)

Boyer

Thanks for the git back. I was gonna try Gold Mine Run above the Evening Branch on the next trip up but it looks like I'll concentrate on the beaver dam above the swamp and will probably do better. Thanks again for the info.

GW

Brookie at least as far up to Gold Mine Rd. I've fished it a couple of times and it can be rough going, but I have all day to fish when I go out so it's not a big deal.

Back