Etown college student - where to fish?

B

blakew510

I'm a freshman in college looking for somewhere near Elizabethtown College to fly fish (usually trout). What are my options? Thanks guys

Muddy Creek FFO might be a good fit. Go to muddycreektu.org for maps. If you go to the top end of the stretch at Bruce, park at the top of the hill for access and walk down the path where you see the FFO posters. Do not drive down the road to park.

When trout season opens, anywhere in the Muddy Creek watershed is good.

If you need more details, PM me.

Conoy Creek flows through Etown and is stocked downstream of Sagerville Road to the river. Conewago Creek near Colebrook and Lawn is stocked. Donegal Creek near Marietta is C&R FFO.

What is your travel radius?

Donegal Creek - park at 772 and work your way down into the fly only section.

Grew up in Etown and now live down along the Susky. Shoot me a PM and I'll show you around.

going to fish donegal this week. What flies are gonna work for me?

blakew510 wrote:
going to fish donegal this week. What flies are gonna work for me?

Stream conditions across SCPA and SEPA are likely to be on the high side and still stained in lower level valley streams like Donegal. The conventional wisdom is that when water levels are high and stained, this is a good time to fish streamers. If you've got some dark colored Wooly Buggers, they would be a good fly to start with.

For Donegal, try using sucker spawn or another egg pattern. Rainbows are suckers for egg patterns, and while I caught a few on buggers the past two Sundays, the majority of the fish I caught were on sucker spawn. If you encounter some habitat that screams wild brown, make sure you strip a bugger through that.

thanks. caught one on a bugger tonight. I was pretty excited about it.

Back