Elk County fishing?

Gone_Phishin

Gone_Phishin

Heading out to elk county for a long weekend coming up in November. We are staying in Benezette. Seeking some advice/locations from folks that have fished this area before. I've been up there plenty of times but this will be my first time fishing in the area. Thanks in advance. PM's appreciated

Hope for some rain - the creeks up there were painfully low this past weekend. There are fish in most creeks, but very spooky and they were starting the mating dance.

Google "Elk State Forest", give them a call, and ask them to mail you the Elk State Forest map.

They are free.

First Fork of the Sinnemahoning:

http://www.centralpaflyfishing.com/First%20Fork.html

Driftwood Branch of Sinnemahoning near Emporium

wgmiller wrote:
First Fork of the Sinnemahoning:

http://www.centralpaflyfishing.com/First%20Fork.html

Driftwood Branch of Sinnemahoning near Emporium

thanks a lot. definitely gonna try this section out

Going west from Benezette you also have the West and East Branches of the Clarion, and the Clarion itself, plus Mill Creek.

Catch & Release All Tackle
ELK
Clarion River – 8.6 miles; from the confluence of the East and West branches downstream to the Main St. Bridge (SR 948) in Ridgway

Catch & Release Fly-Fishing Only
West Branch Clarion River – 0.5 miles; from intersection of SR 219 and SR 4003 upstream to the former Texas Gulf Sulphur property line 0.6 miles upstream of SR 4003 bridge

Delayed Harvest Artificial Lures Only
Big Mill Creek – 1.5 miles; from the confluence of Rocky Run downstream to 0.3 miles downstream of the Allegheny National Forest, Forest Road, 135 Bridge
East Branch Clarion River – 1.15 miles; from 110 yards downstream of the outflow from East Branch Clarion River Lake downstream to the State Gameland boundary 1.15 miles downstream of the upstream limit

Any tips on some smaller streams from the nat. repro. list? Im only going to have limited time and would like to hit the better spots if possible. I'll be by myself and more than likely wouldnt be back for a year or so, I wont be doing any spot burning.

PM's appreciated

A few weeks ago I fished the first fork, I had a hard time but managed a few while covering a good bit of water. Fished below the dam afterwords and had a blast on smallmouth. Just a consideration.

Thanks for the tips everybody. I hit a little brookie stream for a few hours and had some luck. Great place to fish, can't wait for next year.

Back