Elk Co. float recommendations

L

LippPearson

My brother is coming up to Elk County later in June.
We'll be canoe and kayak fishing somewhere. We usually float the Arroyo to Irwintown section of the Clarion for smallies etc. It is a little too late to float the Jburg to Ridgway section of the Clarion. We've occasionally floated Buzzard swamp for largemouth. We're thinking about trying East Branch Dam or Kinzua dam at Red Bridge. Grateful for any insight, opinions or recommendations for a productive float in this part of the state.

If you enjoyed Buzzard Swamp fishing, try the Owls Nest. Tons of old and new beaver dams. All kinds of different waters. There are no lakes as deep or big as in Buzzard. But I've spent days in there and never touched a tenth of the places I wanted to fish. You can camp anywhere that's not posted, unlike Buzzard. As well you can drive to most of the places, or pretty close to unload. Should be good levels with all the recent rains.

Thanks azj... I live about 6 miles from the Owls Nest. Lots of bluegill action there. Never did well for large mouth. I have heard of others having some success. Most I've talked to recommend night fishing for the big bass.

or remove fins from bluegills and use for bait.Don't know if its legal but,it works.lol

Back