Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Donegal Creek, Lancaster County

From Lancaster, PA
Just seeing if anyone has fished Donegal Creek lately and if its fishing decently. I'm gonna be in Lancaster this weekend and might have a chance at some fishing on Saturday. Donegal is my only outlet if I do.

Posted on: 2013/2/15 13:38

Re: Donegal Creek, Lancaster County

From Lewistown, PA
I was there this past Wednesday, and didn't have any luck. I know plenty of people that catch lots of fish there. Apparently they aren't that selective. People say white woolybuggers work, SJW, green weenie, egg patterns, scuds, but I can't speak from personal experience - I don't have much! Lol. Definitely worth fishing, though, especially if you generally know what you're doing.

Posted on: 2013/2/16 12:01

Re: Donegal Creek, Lancaster County

From Lancaster County
Since it is already Saturday and you may already be there, this might not be helpful in making a decision, but Donegal is worth fishing if it is the only stream you have time/access for. It is a degraded limestoner but it holds rainbow fingerlings stocked last fall, a small population of wild browns, and on rare occasions, brook trout. I can't tell if the brookies are mixed in from state stocked fish, club stocked fish, or wild and I haven't caught on in four years. Pretty much anything will work with the fingerlings; they haven't become selective feeders, yet. Everything I've nabbed recently has been caught on a wooly bugger - white, olive, or black, but I've also used nymphs, sucker spawn, egg flies with success in the past. Some stretches have an overabundance of chubs too

Posted on: 2013/2/16 12:50

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com