Directions to new holes on the Salmon River

H

hookedonthefly

I am going to the Salmon River on the 18th. I have only fished a few holes, I wanted to see if someone would be able to give me turn by turn dierctions to some new holes. I would like to try Pineville and the Blackhole.

I have fished the Staircase,lower fly, and wire holes before. Or if their are any other suggestions.

Thanks!!!

Stop at Fat Nancy's and buy a map. Seriously

SBecker wrote:
Stop at Fat Nancy's, ask for directions to All Seasons Sports, go there and buy a map. Seriously

FYP ;-)

Boyer

Well I can see that the spirit of this site has been totally trashed by self centered Jerks. Becker if that's the best you can do, you shouldn't bother to even post.
Hooked, I haven't been there for years, so I can't help much, but try the Dougleston Section. I was only there once and I don't remember how to get there. If you ask anyone at the fly shops they'll be more help than some of the folks on this site.

Chaz, best that I can do? I shouldn't post anymore? Lmao listen smartman, if you actually had any knowledge about the Salmon, you would know the map I speak of names everyhole and directions how to get there. It is a fantastic map for someone starting to fish the SR. Also, I personally know this poster and have fished with him many times. So, obviously I was not being rude to him.

I will wait for your apology........If you don't apologize within the day, I will hold one brookie for ransom for everyday you don't. I will then torture them by slowly inching them closer and closer to my native raccoon pet.

Chaz, you be the pot, I'll be the kettle. Deal? Seriously, though, Google will find you a dozen or so decent SR maps. These holes are impossible to miss. Ask any local anywhere in that town. I actually planned to follow up after I poked Becker a bit. As soon as you walk in the door at All Seasons they have a giant map of the SR on the wall, with both mentioned holes prominently marked. Lighten up, dude.it was a joke. I also recommend fishing the SR after a thunder storm. I am serious however, that Fat Nancy's is run by people who, IMO, of course are reasonably indifferent, while the folks at All Seasons are very helpful and courteous.

Edit: "If you ask anyone at the fly shops they'll be more help than some of the folks on this site."

At least I told him which shop to go to.

Boyer

If you don't wanna buy the map you can get some pretty decent ones on the Internet at tackle shop sites. That's what we did. Names every popular are some even have two names. But don't forget to venture away from the herd to look for fish.

Sbecker I hear raccoons love brookies do you think you'll be able to keep him/her away that long!?!?

I have him on a chain, and let one link loose. If he breaks loose and gets at all those delicious 4inch fish, I hold no responsibility.

First response on Google.

Hooked, the staircase runs into the Black Hole. You already know how to get there. This time of year Pineville and almost any hole above there will be a decent bet.

Boyer

Definitely get the arial view map at All Seasons. As already stated it has all the major holes and parking lots as well. Very easy to figure out the directions to where you want to go.

FYI - slush ice can be a problem in the mornings this time of year, so you might only be able to fish from pineville upstream until the air temps warm a tad.

He's waiting.....

Attachments

• Evil Coon.jpg
    Evil Coon.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 1
Whew. I was going to tell hookedonthefly that if he couldn't find Fat Nancys he could ask at Whitaker's. I figured they were easier to find since they're so close to the exit when you're going north on 81.

Becker - everyone knows PA raccoons are not native. They are a mix of stocked and wild. Most stocked ones are harvested in the spring or die off when the weather gets too warm. The wild ones were introduced from a strain that orginated in Germany and can succesfully reproduce when conditions are right..

I hear the game commission is working on a strain of golden coon.

McSneek wrote:

Becker - everyone knows PA raccoons are not native. They are a mix of stocked and wild. Most stocked ones are harvested in the spring or die off when the weather gets too warm. The wild ones were introduced from a strain that orginated in Germany and can succesfully reproduce when conditions are right..

that's what i was saying yesterday.

I saw a game warden walking along the riverbank with a bucket of fingerling coons.

I asked him if they were wild....

wild ? he said, they're fricking furious !

You are both wrong. After much research, the raccoon is native to Pa. If you guys are witnessing bucket biologists transporting what they claim to be fingerling coons, I suggest contacting Obama. I believe what you are seeing are people illegally stocking coatis.

Btw, still waiting on the apology from Mr. Know it all

Fat Nancy's right at the Pulaski exit of 81 has maps for sale. Heck even burger king has a map on the wall. But if you want turn by turn directions for spots on the SR as well as other good steelhead streams ( creeks ) in NY shoot me a PM I lived there a good majority of my live and fish up there year round

Shane, that raccoon rules.

That raccoon was hungry! Two brookies have been slaughtered at the hands of Chaz! For a man who cherishes every 4 inch brookie, you would have thought he would have apologized to me to save those precious fish! O the humanity!

Chaz wrote:
Well I can see that the spirit of this site has been totally trashed by self centered Jerks. Becker if that's the best you can do, you shouldn't bother to even post.
Hooked, I haven't been there for years, so I can't help much, but try the Dougleston Section. I was only there once and I don't remember how to get there. If you ask anyone at the fly shops they'll be more help than some of the folks on this site.

If the best you can do is suggest that someone go pay $50 to fish private water in what would be undoubtedly the most unproductive section of the river in the middle of January, maybe you shouldn't bother to even post.

Shane is 100% with the map and Boyer is 100% with All Season Sports (***).

TY all for your help..

Becker next time I stop up you will have me this pet coon you speak of...

Back