Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Directions to new holes on the Salmon River

From Quakertown, pa
Fat Nancy's right at the Pulaski exit of 81 has maps for sale. Heck even burger king has a map on the wall. But if you want turn by turn directions for spots on the SR as well as other good steelhead streams ( creeks ) in NY shoot me a PM I lived there a good majority of my live and fish up there year round

Posted on: 2013/1/7 22:39

From Harrisburg
Shane, that raccoon rules.

Posted on: 2013/1/9 8:45

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
That raccoon was hungry! Two brookies have been slaughtered at the hands of Chaz! For a man who cherishes every 4 inch brookie, you would have thought he would have apologized to me to save those precious fish! O the humanity!

Posted on: 2013/1/9 10:22

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

From Eastern PA
Quote:

Chaz wrote:
Well I can see that the spirit of this site has been totally trashed by self centered Jerks. Becker if that's the best you can do, you shouldn't bother to even post.
Hooked, I haven't been there for years, so I can't help much, but try the Dougleston Section. I was only there once and I don't remember how to get there. If you ask anyone at the fly shops they'll be more help than some of the folks on this site.

If the best you can do is suggest that someone go pay $50 to fish private water in what would be undoubtedly the most unproductive section of the river in the middle of January, maybe you shouldn't bother to even post.

Shane is 100% with the map and Boyer is 100% with All Season Sports (ASS).

Posted on: 2013/1/10 0:40

From walnutport
TY all for your help..

Becker next time I stop up you will have me this pet coon you speak of...

Posted on: 2013/1/10 12:25

Of course! We will take him with us. He will probably catch more fish then both of us.

Posted on: 2013/1/10 14:42

From SEPA

Posted on: 2013/1/10 18:26

From Sellersville, PA
Jdaddy - why is the DSR the less productive area this time of the year? I've fished the SR once this last year for the salmon run and did pretty good in the DSR.

Myself and a few buddies are headed up again the 20th-21st and had planned to hit the DSR but, none of us have ever fished the SR this time of the year.

Posted on: 2013/1/11 1:19

Because the majority of the chrome have moved up through that section and taken residence in the upper river. Sure there are fish there, but it is not the best section to be paying $50 to fish.

Posted on: 2013/1/11 7:11

From Morrisville
When I was there in Nov the guys paying for the DSR didn't do any better than the upper fly section I was in. If the fish are just moving in sure it's worth it they don't get much fresher but right now fish are spread all the way thru.

Posted on: 2013/1/11 7:33

From Monessen, PA
Sounds like part of the advantage of the DSR now might be that no one goes there anymore.

Posted on: 2013/1/11 7:37

Less people yes. However, there is still plenty from what I understand. Lots of guides.

Posted on: 2013/1/11 8:27

From Sellersville, PA
Thanks fellas. So the steelies hang around the lower part of the river during the salmon run than head up river for the winter? Do they make it up as far as the reservoir?

Posted on: 2013/1/11 9:56

From Lehigh Valley
Quote:

evofly wrote:
Thanks fellas. So the steelies hang around the lower part of the river during the salmon run than head up river for the winter? Do they make it up as far as the reservoir?

The bulk of the steel run comes with or shortly after the salmon, so after the salmon are done there's less fishing coming in and to be found lower river...thats why the DSR in less productive now. They will still run all winter when the flows, temps etc trigger them to come in.

Posted on: 2013/1/11 12:09

From Monessen, PA
And, it is also likely that a certain amount of the migrating fish find suitable habitat in the DSR and never get the urge to run farther upstream. Just like in Erie, the lower stretches are not exclusively occupied by "fresh" fish.

Posted on: 2013/1/11 12:16

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com