Codorus Creek Down Stream from Springettsbury Waste Water Treatment Plant

G

Glenny

Has any one fished the section of CC near Sherman St in York that is down stream from the Sprigettsbury Waste water treatment plant? I know CC from Rt 30 to Sherman is very deep and slow moving and is supposed to have a good supply of Small Mouth, Pan Fish, and Catfish.

I went to look at the CC yesterday down by John Rudy Park (Sherman St Bridge) and the water is clear but stained brown.

Any one ever fish the CC North of Rt 30 and down stream from the waste water treatment plant? What were your results? Any Trout?

Glen

We were on the rail trail near the city over the weekend and the water looked maroon. It was real bad...

I'd be surprised if there are any trout in that section (but not completely surprised, it seems like trout are showing up in a lot of places these days).

If you check the Biologists Reports on the PFBC website, I believe there's a fish study of CC in and around York conducted by Mike that can be viewed. Various WW fishes, including a few walleye, if I recollect correctly.

A few months a go I saw some biologist that were working for Gladfelter back behind the HOP on Rt. 30. They shocked the water and pulled out a few SMB, Bluegill, RB, chubs, suckers, and 1 catfish. I have heard there are also Waleye inthere also. Might just go out and give it a try for SB on big terrestials and streamers.

Back