Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Clarks Creek

From Cumberland County
I hadn't considered the silt issues, but when I stepped off the bank at one of my favorite stretches I sunk about a foot deep. I always wore hip boots and granted the stream was up a little on Sunday, but I never wished I had brought my waders until then.

A few responses here reference 2011 as the turning point and I couldn't agree more. It's only been the last few years I've noticed issues.

However, I fished above the ffo section last year for the cicadas and did fairly well, so I'm not sure how the ffo section is taking the biggest hit and the remainder of the stream is not as bad?

Posted on: 4/16 15:20

From Camp Hill, PA
Krayfish,
2"--5" natives sound like nice bait...thanks for the tip!

Like the avatar painting...but don't loose Ronnie Warbucks

Posted on: 4/16 15:32

From S.E. PA
I've noticed logging on the other side of the creek in the ffo section. I'm sure when they're done above the dam they'll probably cut more below. But I'm just saying that's a possible future issue. 2011 was the big hit. The ffo section was always(in my mind)one of the worst sections of the whole stream as far as gradient,substrate and fish holding pools to winter over. If it was closer to the dam that'd be a huge help.

Posted on: 4/18 14:31

From Mechanicsburg, Pa
I'm not sure they are stocking the FFO like they used to. The flooding the last couple of years is probably hurting conditions too.

Posted on: 4/22 21:36

Yea a combination of the flooding and people sneaking in there keeping them

Posted on: 4/22 22:15

From Harrisburg
Clark's is awesome, but it (and Manada) changed after the flooding.

Manada lost most of its wildness, and I waste many days each year in the upper reaches. Clarks has pockets of really strong wild populations, but stockies and wilds have completely abandoned large swaths of it. It's still my favorite stream- there are so many different flavors of scenery along that creek.

I will also agree that the FFO section is the poorest along the entire stream below the dam. That is, of course, until you get below the hatchery. I haven't fished it much, but the warm water influence isn't my cup of tea.

Posted on: 5/4 23:45

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com