Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Camping on the Beaverkill river in the catskills

From nepa
I would like to go tent camping in the catskill mtn and fly fish for trout. I have been out there last year and i seen a nice campground on the beaverkill river between hancock and roscoe. The campsite seemed to be right on the water on the opposite side of 17. Would anyone know what campground this might be? or any other nice campgrounds on the river? Thank you for your time.

Posted on: 2013/2/20 20:08

Re: Camping on the Beaverkill river in the catskills
From Chester County
Quote:

jwatts wrote:
I would like to go tent camping in the catskill mtn and fly fish for trout. I have been out there last year and i seen a nice campground on the beaverkill river between hancock and roscoe. The campsite seemed to be right on the water on the opposite side of 17.Would anyone know what campground this might be? or any other nice campgrounds on the river? Thank you for your time.

Sounds like the Butternut Grove Campground: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Buttern ... ove-Campsite/194094199115

I've stayed there quite a few times. Nice place, but make your reservations early. It books up quickly during prime fishing season.

Posted on: 2013/2/21 7:32

There is a state campground further up the Beaverkill by the covered bridge.

Posted on: 2013/2/21 8:53

Some years ago I tent camped at a campground up on the Willowemec. It was a nice, quiet place.

The only bad thing was that hordes of chipmunks went in my tent and ate my crackers when I was out fishing!

Posted on: 2013/2/21 9:42

From Saylorsburg
It was a long time ago but there was roscoe campsites right on the beaverkill. It was tent camping where you pull your car into the sites and pitch your tent right alongside it. And the river was within walking distance.... On the willowemoc there was covered bridge campsites. Again you pull your car into the Site and pitch you tent alongside.... The stream was right there... Both were beautiful campgrounds but again this was sometime ago but I was told they are still there...

Posted on: 2013/2/22 20:37

From Dauphin PA
You have the roscoe camp just above the start of the special reg section, butternut grove down between roscoe and Horton. I believe there is Russell brook camp closer to cooks falls. Continue down river to the east branch exit and take rt 30 toward downsville. Ox bow camp, paradise valley and a another that sit right on the upper east branch.

Posted on: 2013/2/24 0:04

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Goal during a day on the water....
Catching a single fish makes me happy 19% (18)
I want to catch every fish in the stream 4% (4)
50 dinks is a dream day 2% (2)
Only want to catch big fish 9% (9)
Catching the toughest fish in the steam is my goal 4% (4)
Beautiful place, hit the hatch and whatever happens, happens 29% (28)
Who cares? It beats work. 30% (29)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/11/27 22:13
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com