Black Forest, Pa

Breeze717

Breeze717

Good morning,
I am heading up north this weekend to help my brother move. He works and lives at the Black Forest Inn, about 7 miles north on a dirt road from Slate Run, and Pine Creek. I have fished up there, but I'm running up with my dad, and he has not fished up there. My question is, because it is opening weekend, where should we go to avoid the crowds? I am thinking about not fishing Pine and Kettle, and possibly Young Womans. Not asking to spot burn, just looking for a spot that may not be stocked and full of people. Thank you!!!

Below is the PA trout Map from the PFBC. You can zoom in on the area. Stick to the Class A and natural reproduction streams (blue and green lines) and avoid the stocked streams. As you see, there are a ton of wild trout streams to fish. Good luck.

Awesome! Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for.

After graduation me and my buddy planned to spend some time hiking fishing and camping there. Late the first night someone started shooting right near us. We packed up hikes out in the dark and left.

pretty much anywhere you find water up there you are going to find wild trout. Some of the small streams can be tricky with the cooler water temps. but you have wild trout options in all directions.

Thank you for all the suggestions! I think I may take my 3 wt, and take the old man exploring on some smaller streams. I will def print out the maps to use around the Inn and Slate Run.

Back