Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: Bald Eagle Creek

From Penns Creek Canyon
Rleep Your not catching many trout in june in lower bald eagle I'll tell you that a couple stock trout from marsh creek. Up close to the spillway is where they get them.

Posted on: 3/7 8:57

From Williamsport, PA
lycoflyfisher I'm telling you personally your thermometer was broken that day. I'm not trying to be mean either but like I said I practically grew up down there. Spent half my summers as a teen on Bald Eagle from where the canal begins for Hammer Mill (First Quality now) down to the railroad bridge that goes over to Croda/Avery.

Posted on: 3/7 9:44

July, 2017 in some parts of Pa produced record rainfall or near record rainfall for the month since the recording of such data started. Given that, it is possible that someone who has lived in an area for years would not have ever experienced cool water temps in previous Julys that July, 2017 may have produced. Context matters.

Posted on: 3/7 11:58

From Penns Creek Canyon
We for sure had good rain fall and I am not a expert on water temps but I have fished bald eagle very familiar with it and it for sure gets to extreme temps in july and august.

I don't care what anyone says I have fished this water my entire life from spring, summer, fall, winter and it's no where in the category close to class a trout water.

Posted on: 3/7 12:16

From Williamsport, PA
Quote:

Mike wrote:
July, 2017 in some parts of Pa produced record rainfall or near record rainfall for the month since the recording of such data started. Given that, it is possible that someone who has lived in an area for years would not have ever experienced cool water temps in previous Julys that July, 2017 may have produced. Context matters.

Not even close. Like Hook_Jaw said...I don't care what section of Bald Eagle you pick below the dam there is NO CLASS A WATER! You may find a trout here and there but its not class A by any means no matter what someone's studies are telling ya. Those studies are a complete lie in my book! Honestly it makes me wonder what else they are lying about...

Posted on: 3/7 12:43

From Penns Creek Canyon

This water has been put off for years never cared about it's all washed out banks eroded away people throw their garbage in it deer carcasses.

Posted on: 3/7 12:49

Check the lists; I just did! It is not on the Class A list below Sayers, proposed for Class A below Sayers, or being considered for Class A below Sayers. End of story.

Posted on: 3/7 12:55

From Penns Creek Canyon
Thanks for clearing that up Mike now take your white lace gloves off and go check how much record rainfall Flemington got in july 2007

Posted on: 3/7 13:10

From Williamsport, PA
Quote:

Mike wrote:
Check the lists; I just did! It is not on the Class A list below Sayers, proposed for Class A below Sayers, or being considered for Class A below Sayers. End of story.

It was being considered for class A last year. I laughed when I heard it. Actually I heard they even did a fingerling stocking at the spillway. I bet the musky, walleye, bass, and any other larger predatory fish loved that stocking!

Posted on: 3/7 13:59

From Penns Creek Canyon
John they have been doing it since 2016 a guy at the spillway told me when I was fishing last month. I don't think we need a million dollar study to improve the aquatic life either.

Posted on: 3/7 14:10

From Northern VA
Who is spending a million dollars on a study?

Posted on: 3/7 14:21

From Williamsport, PA
Quote:

sarce wrote:
Who is spending a million dollars on a study?

They want to start playing around with the water height of the dam and trying to have a more continuous flow of water below the dam. Somehow they thought they could turn lower Bald Eagle into a trout fishery. I know residents near the dam and people who use the dam for recreational uses were very upset. As much as I would love to have another trout fishery, lower Bald Eagle just isn't one and probably shouldn't be one. I haven't heard any more about this since they had the big public meeting last year.

Posted on: 3/7 14:35

From Penns Creek Canyon

Yes it's been very quiet.

Posted on: 3/7 14:48

From Lycoming county
By "they" I believe that Army Corps of Engineers and possibly SRBC were the main agencies pursuing the proposed study in question. I have not heard anything since the public meeting, but it is not a PFBC driven study. I am not sure how anyone could argue scientifically that a more consistent flow regime would not help lower bald eagle. forget about wild trout improvements just in a sense of improving habitat for all aquatic life downstream as long as a summer pool can be maintained above the dam to continue to provide the recreational opportunities that Sayers does.

Posted on: 3/7 14:52

From Penns Creek Canyon

They never cared for all those years before where did the all of a sudden we care about lower bald eagle come from?

Posted on: 3/7 15:17

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
USGS Water Levels
The New Keystone Fly Fishing Book
Polls
Will you be fishing this winter?
Yes
No
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2018/12/24 11:19
Comments?

Copyright 2018 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com